Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slight mishap with a tree

Simon Ephithite

Glad, you appear unharmed, but if the damage is that severe you may well have received a bad case of whiplash yourself but haven't realised it. If you haven't done so please get yourself down to A&E for a check over now.. A slightly misaligned neck may not hurt now, but I can assure you that in a few years time it can lead to all sort of trouble.

but if the damage is that severe you may well have received a bad case of whiplash yourself but haven't realised it

I think he'd know about it by the next morning. Jeez, if I went to A&E every time I crashed my car the NHS would be in an even worse state than it is. OK, we normally get prodded by a trackside medic, but I've never heard of whiplash you don't know about, and I've had a few mild cases of it.

Apparently not feeling the effects until a couple of days after is quite common here...

Anyway, all I know is that my friend and I ached for a week after a ~20mph closing speed collision in karts, and it was at its worst after 24 hours after the adrenaline and HUGE amounts of alcohol had worn off. But that could have been a hangover too. *tongue*

Apparently not feeling the effects until a couple of days after is quite common

Being a cynic, I'm afraid that this may be due to some people realising there may be a compensation cheque on the way *rolleyes*

I'm very glad you seen to be Ok, and I hope the car isn't too bad.

Duncan

Just a thought Simon ... did the car fill up with chestnuts after you hit the tree? You may be able to defray some costs 😬 ..... Nice to hear from Fleet ... ive been through a barbed wire fence up on Tweezledown Racecourse in the past!

Fil *wavey*

Quoting anthonym: 
do Arch check out pranged Sevens? or just fix ones sent in without all the bits attached? or something? Also wondering how pranged a chassis has to be before it's better to swop it with Arch for a VIN transferred replacement new chassis.

No they don't, AFAIK. I have been round the fcatory and they don't have the space to take on whiole cars, with all the attendant storage and dismantling issues. The game is that they take on the dismantled remains and bolt it to a jig. Any bent bits don't line up so they get cut off and binned. They then weld/bronze weld/braze new parts in while the thing is in the jig being kept straight.

You don't IMO need Arch to tell you whether a chassis is straight. Any competent accident assessor will know (or know how to find out) what the measurement points are. It probably involves the whole car going on a jig, same as for any conventional car. Caterham etc will know if they can do minor chassis repairs in situ or whether it's going to be a short front/long front/oh bugger strip the lot and get it on the jig.

You should reckon on the car being off the road for a minimum of 3 months. If you haven't already, apply for a road tax refund TODAY (sorry to shout) as its the last day of the month. You'll have to SORN it too but you can do it all on-line at the same time. If you miss doing it today you won't get December's tax back. I think you can do it on the phone with the DVLA as well, which might ensure that its done without any problems.

I'll leave you to it *wavey*

Edited by - Paul Deslandes on 30 Nov 2011 15:39:26