Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Name of a Tool Please

Anthony Micallef

It is essential you use the correct tool or you will ruin the fasteners. You require a shaped punch to turn over the hollow shank of the fastener and a dished anvil to support the fastner head without damage. Very simple to use and Redline will supply it together with fasteners if required.

John A

Top Tip:

I placed a small sheet of thickish plastic (eg thick carrier bag) in the anvil so that the plastic in the studds didn't get scratched. I also put a piece over the end of my Phillips screw driver to tighten up any screws so they didnt burr. OTT? *wink*

PS V7SLR and Hoopy - I got myself told off by a scotsman in ChitChat for being flippant! They take themselves very seriously over there! ☹️

Edited by - smegnoguk on 3 Oct 2002 13:26:19

I've got two , one that looks like a pair of pliers and was £10, this shall be known as der not proper popper putter inner (its german) and another one with a plastic bit and a metal bit and another plastic foldy bit which you hit with a hammer which came free with sonme poppers and is known a the propper popper putter inner (its english)...

Do not by der not propper putter inner it is expensive and crap.

I get very sensitive about my previous popper putting in experiences and will have to have a lie down now.

ah, no problems *smile*

i know many seveners in person, i know many blatchaters on blatchat. but there are a lot of blatchatters who i don't know in person but who i know in blatchat. it seems you are one of these instead of a person i know in person but not on blatchat. does that make sense 🤔 *confused* *confused* *confused*

😬

HOOPY assistant thread hijacker R706KGU