Click here if you are having website access problems ×

k to Duratec Conversion

Gridgway

Graham

Racelines engine mounts and compact bell housing are brilliant. You could look at their wet or dry sump kit too but I wish I had gone with Pace. A few quid on a starter, alternator, ECU, loom exhaust and cooling. Theres a good few Caterham plenum chambers kicking about after people have upgraded so that may be worth a thought. The engine is £1550 inc vat for the same one the R300 has.

Jason

You are basically looking at £6-7000 for a 200HP conversion if you use a brand new engine and only change the cam. That would be wet sumped based on raceline bits

The list below was from 2008

Alt belt 10

Emerald 480

Harness 120

engine 1600

coil 30

HT leads 33

Alternator 45

Exhaust gasket 6

Exhaust studs+nuts 10

rear housings+gasket+bolts 30

FW bolts 10

Water pump pully+bolts 20

gaskets +bolts 20

belt tensioner 40

Thermostat hs 30

Alternator mount 80

Alternator pulley 15

Spigot bearing 8

Exhaust rap 50

hoses 60

Throttle bodies 470

rampipes 75

filter 74

Oil filter housing 70

mounts 135

flywheel 180

clutch 160

master cylinder 42.3

actuator 140

exhaust primiarys 350

collector 125

Starter 140

Bell housing 230

Sump 330

hose 18.8

cams 345

Fuel rail 80

pressure reg 80

Alternator belt 10

pipes 40

Temp sensors 35

misc 55

tune 300

Lambda probe 125

Oil cooler 100

Exhaust 170

Just in the process of completing a Duratec install, its a 210 hp Raceline conversion, using all new components.

Tiddy1's list is comprehensive, but some costs have significantly risen since 2008.

You could always source some secondhand parts.

Tony

Raceline ones, if I did it again I would put on the short trumpets and keep it all under the bonnet.

as I said mine were 2008 prices and not all bits were new, interesting though how some bits are now cheaper due to supply, ie started motors can now be had for £20

Those prices are way out of date Emerald K6 ECU £ 735 inc vat, Exhaust full system more like £1500

i worked out the prices for a Duratec before i started my 1.9 k a bigger spec than you have in mind granted

but its all the small things that really add up !

BSA, as I say , not all the bits were new and as for the exhaust, I built my own 7" aluminium and stainless repackable silencer for less than £ 100 and its lighter than a Titanium one. and the emerald was off Blatchat

I bet you could do it for less now as there are far more bits out there as long as you are prepared to search for them and do stuff for your self

Simon

Ah thanks Dave but was after a new one. Mines been playing up after only 6,600 miles so not a lot of sense in replacing with one which may have done 200K *wink*

I had seen new ones on eBay for £60 but wondered why they were so much cheaper than the official ones at £150?