Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump tank

noet

I need to source and install new dry sump tank to my Raceline Duratec 2,3 - single scavenge.

Have have thougt of using Pace. - But there is a few options. One is using Peterson.Any of you using this? A large selection available, f.ex 7,5 litre 6"x24" But I belive these tanks requires external breather.(could be lack of space since it`s a left hand car).

The tank fitting is nice, 2 clamps make`s mounting possible to passenger footwell wall, instead of mounting the tank bottom to the trianglar stiffeners. They also supply an inline oil temp sender that could be nice instead of drilling/welding in new treads in the tank.

Appreciate advice and thougts *rolleyes*.

Egil

Have you thought about the Brise kidney shaped tank? this fits nicely in front of a Duratec if you use the Raceline engine mounts.

If you go this route get them to add a drain plug in the bottom, I had this added to mine and it makes changing the oil a lot easier.

Cheers

Rob G

Hi Rob.

Thank`s. Yes, this was in fact what I intended to do. Didn`t know of the Brise. (Raceline should should source one out).

I use the Freestyle inboard suspension. But guess this is not in conflict. Dimension and capacety?

If you have some pics, It will be very much appreciated *biggrin*

I've also got the Freestyle inboard suspension, it all fits although you'll need to move the bracket on the tank slightly (best bet is to get them to leave it of then attach it once it's in place).

Drop me a blatmail offline and I'll send you over some pictures of my installation, it's all fairly tight but it does work.

Cheers

Rob G

Peterson Tank here and hereand here.

I had Peterson add an additional vent connection for the cambox cover and a spud for an internal mains heater. The tank brackets are mounted directly to the shortened passenger foot well with some reinforcement strips on the inside. Cover vented to tank, tank vented to catch can.

-Bob

94 HPC VX Evo III

Edited by - Bob Simon on 17 Dec 2010 12:25:07

From a weight point of view the footwell is the best position for your tank. But for various reasons I fitted mine in front of the engine. It's a AH fabs Millington tank and I think the design is brilliant.

Here's some pics

Edited to say I did need the cam chain cover machining to miss the tank.

Jason

Edited by - Jason Fletcher on 18 Dec 2010 11:40:56

Sean,

The Peterson tank is 6X15.5" (1.5 quart). There's a -6AN bung in the bottom of the hopper with an O-ring Plug that provides a drain.

The tank I specified was the "lightweight" version with a bolted equator flange instead of the normal V-band. I opted for the male -AN fittings to keep the parts count low.

Peterson has put a lot of time into engineering the tank. The air/oil separator is light years ahead of the sort found in the Mocal (Pace) Easi-Clean tank. Simply genius. Only a pump driven centrifugal separator could surpass the effectiveness of this feature.

+++ The equator seal doesn't leak a drop.

Peterson added the second -10AN nipple to the tank top for 25 clams. I wouldn't order the mains heater if I had to do over. A stick-on heater pad works slicker and doesn't protrude from the tank bottom. I eventually sealed the heater well and used a 150 watt Moroso pad instead.

-Bob

94 HPC VX Evo III