Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Class 1 retirement

Andrew Willoughby

What a sad day! *cry* I've just waved off GN53RCU after four brilliant seasons in Class 1. This has been a really storming year, and that little car has enabled me to decorate my mantelpiece with an array of trophies. Then, of course, there's all the great Class 1 banter and wind-ups *cry*. Still...

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

It's not all doom and gloom at Willoughby Racing...

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

*arrowdown*

Cos there's a new steed in the stable here

Class 3 here we come *cool*! I'm not expecting to be much of a threat to the experienced Class 3 boys and girls, but I intend to have lots of fun trying!

The only question now is what's happened to GN53RCU *confused*? But that's for someone else to reveal in the fullness of time *tongue*!

Andrew

Some of us are party to bits of information that on their own mean nothing but put together make a very interesting picture. *wink*

With others increasing power its all keeping things exciting in Class 1 *thumbup*

Well done Andrew. Glad to see you progressing.

Competition Sec

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

I am sure all the other Class 1 warriors will be devastated by you going 😬

I have to say that when I moved from 2 to 3 it was so nice to be driving on the 1B rubber after years of living on the ragged edge of 1A - I am sure you will enjoy it.

Class 3 will be thrilled *rolleyes*

Good luck.

Mike

So it looks like another Class with a Father Son Head to head, :-) should be interesting.

Congrats on your new steed, i'm sure you'll give all of class 3 a few sleepless nights 😬

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. But hopefully a Class 2 150 ish BHP Zetec in 2011. With a Dual Drive :-)CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 10 Oct 2010 20:13:21

Yep, as Mike has guessed we are all devastated by the news *smile*

Seriously, you’ll be missed down the class 1 end of the paddock ☹️ and I would personally like to thank you for all the help and advise you have given me over the last 2 years – I just wished I could have got a bit closer to you times. Good luck in class 3, looks like competition will be fierce there next year.

The new owner of GN53RCU has some big boots to fill 😳

Paul

• Area Representative

Hi Andrew,

I did wonder how long Class 3 would beckon after I last saw you 😬 Good luck with the new car, I thought you might have bought Chris71's car until I took a look at your pics. I (well, Richard 😬) finally managed to get my Sigma fixed today so hopefully it will be returning to Class 1 next year.

Cheers

Nick

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Thanks for all the nice comments. I can't wait for Glorious Goodwood next year and to find out what the new beast can do. It's got a good history on the Scottish hills, but how it performs with a Saga Sassenach at the helm remains to be seen.

Good luck for Anglesey, everyone - I shall be suffering serious withdrawal symptoms this weekend. See you at the awards lunch.

Andrew

Andrew

Great news (I think) your arrival will certainly up the competitive ante as if it was not hot enough in class3

Does this mean Lisa gets more power to play with as well?

Thinking about it, maybe its time to whip off the headlamps whip on the slicks and retire to the comparative peace of class 6 !!!! assuming I ever get the car back

See you next year

Grahame

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough pennies saved up to be able to make Willoughby Racing a three car team, so Dad had to let GN53 RCU go to a new home ☹️. Her new owner has very kindly offered me a dual drive, but I think I'm going to stick with Willoughby Racing.

So, in answer to your question, Grahame - I guess it does *smokin*!

Lisa