Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacement rear wings

davedlr

I looked at the Vic ones, then decided to go with new CC parts as these came pre-drilled, which I thought would make the swap easier...

.. but most of the holes didn't line up with my original wings anyway, so I had to drill a load more!

That said, the finish on the CC wings is very good, not seen the Vic ones in the flesh.

Thanks chaps - I did contact Bryn as his carbon stuff is 1st grade - but as our car is predominantly a track car, I'd always be wary of smacking £400+ of rear wings off.

Seeing the neighbouring thread about repairs and resprays, that might be my first port of call. If it looks tosh, then I will revert to sourcing new ones.

Does Ultimate Carbon have a a website or other internet contact? I have not been able to find it.

Also, does anyone make c/f rear wings that eliminate the silly (and actually, useless) notch-up on the leading edge of the left (offside, I believe, to you Brits) that long ago accommodated the exhaust pipe as it made an exit over the rear axle?

This notch is useless for any Caterham with its exhaust on the right side of the car (Duratec, etc.), as well as useless for any left-side exhaust that does not exit out the back of the car.

Why can't CC update their left rear wing?

Alaskossie

Does Ultimate Carbon have a a website or other internet contact? I have not been able to find it.

Also, does anyone make c/f rear wings that eliminate the silly (and actually, useless) notch-up on the leading edge of the left (offside, I believe, to you Brits) that long ago accommodated the exhaust pipe as it made an exit over the rear axle?

This notch is useless for any Caterham with its exhaust on the right side of the car (Duratec, etc.), as well as useless for any left-side exhaust that does not exit out the back of the car.

Why can't CC update their left rear wing?

Alaskossie