Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheres best to buy a circa 250 BHP Duratec from? and a few other related questions..

The Pikey

My Caterham has a Duratec 2.0L 226bhp by Raceco, Emerald ECU, Jenvey TBs, Dry sump, ZF LSD.

It's a Track Car only.

Very very pleased with the engine, lots of torque and lots of power, very quick car.

The car was originally fitted with a 5sp BGH gearbox that broke quite early.

One of my freind has the same engine+gearbox and had the same issue with the box.

Then a 5sp Straight Cut Quaife gearbox was fitted and for the moment it's just perfect for me.

(another friend had a CSR260 race and the CC 6sp gearbox had to be rebuilt at least once a year).

Edited by - Catastrada on 6 Jul 2010 17:11:59

another thumbs up for an Ammo (RaceCo) 2.3l 265bhp Duratec with 5 speed Quaife box in my R400 which comprehensively leaves R500Ds with 6 speed sequentials in its wake 😳

Duratec R538 Build and Modification Pictures

here

Jason yes from new in 2004 I installed a 226bhp raceline 2.0l and ran that for a couple of years before deciding I wanted a 280bhp 2.3l which Ammo built for me. Both were/are cracking engines. I recently did an airfield day with an R500D driving friend and my car with a 15 stone passenger effortlessly out dragged the R500 from 50-145mph

here

DaveJ evidently so, my mate was less than impressed having upgraded from an R400D to R500D to try and keep up only to find in power terms he's still way off, the fact he had a six speed sequential and no passenger made it even more depressing! Saying that he does have a Cat and airbox fitted.

here

First dibs Jason if you ever want to sell it; as I know it will be beautifully engineered! *tongue*

It would be really great to see some progress pics from time to time *thumbup*

James

Edited by - Atinod on 7 Jul 2010 10:36:34