Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Newbie building first Roadsport SV - clutch question

Aitch42

Hi there

I picked up my Roadsport SV from Caterham yesterday and have started the build. Apart from Caterham sending the wrong suspension, I ordered Superlight, all seems to be going OK although I seem to have a spare clutch plate that doesnt seem to fit.

I have the 150 Sigma engine and Box 1 there is an AP Racing clutch plate, but the spline hole in the middle seems to be larger than the driveshaft from the engine. I am reluctant to take the clutch housing off in case I can't get it back on again. Has anybody built a Roadsport 150 and did you get the extra clutch plate?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Howard

Sorry Howard can't help with your query but interested in when you placed your order. I have a 150 Roadsport kit on order and am expecting news any time now. How much notice did you get that the kit would be ready? *wavey*

Good luck by the way

Hi Howard, check the diameter and number of splines match on the fitted clutch centre plate and gearbox first motion shaft match. If they do offer the box up and put a couple of bellhousing bolts in. Select a gear and turn the engine in the direction of rotation via the crank bolt. If the output shaft rotates it should be ok.

Sounds like they put the spare one in just to confuse you. *rolleyes*

Tony

Hi

I ordered mine on the 5 th of December with a June date,which they met. I wanted to get mine on order before the VAT increase and i understand lots of other people did too! I believe tyeyt have increased their capacity now so lead times are shorter.

A couple of tips - if you are picking it up yourself it will go in a Long Wheelbase transit but you need lots of packing and tie downs - which I wasn't told about, and secondly check the order, I didn't and came away with the wrong suspension which has delayed me by a week or more!

When you get it let me know as I should have sorted out a few problems by then

Howard

Just sent my 125 SV off for IVA. Funny that you got an extra clutch plate. Mine came with an extra one that apparently got put in by mistake. There was one fitted to the engine already and Sean at CC confirmed that I didn't need it. I have a small pile of parts that need to be returned now I've finished including an extra harness, throttle cable and gearbox oil.

CC are great at sorting things out and answering your questions though. Have fun with the build and take your time to enjoy it. Its an emotional rollercoaster, but well worth it in the end.

DM

My Sigma 125 SV build photos

I have a small pile of parts that need to be returned now I've finished including an extra harness, throttle cable and gearbox oil.

Does this mean Caterham supply all the fluids required for the build?

I'd assumed that I'd have to source oil, brake fluid etc.

I've ordered a Sigma 125, but have ages to wait ☹️

One additional question. In the gearbox it talks about the speedo plug needing to be inserted. In the gearbox there is already a plug there which seems to be sealed in. Should I take the plug out and put in the tinny one they supply?

Secondly do I need to put any sealant between the bell housing and the engine - it doesn't mention it in the manual but it doesn't seem to mention a lot of things!

Thanks

Howard