Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VHPD Catalyst Collector

Tin Man

I think the R400 has bigger diameter primaries.

There's a chance Ian (SM25T) holds one you can borrow if it's just for MOT. It belongs to a Danish chap, but I'm sure something can be sorted.

Edited by - RJ on 21 Apr 2010 19:14:15

• 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Thanks for the reply.

I have found a picture on the Caterham web site; see link below. This is reference CSP761, the part I require is refereence CSP599A. I am not sure what the difference is

here

Regards

John

• 2 years later...

Try speaking to Jon Vickers @ Millwood Motors he certainly had one which I borrow, he used to loan it for that very purpose.

Is your car factory built or a CKD? if the later there is no emission test, the new mot regs refer to a digit in the VIN that indicates this so you might be going to all this trouble for nothing

*wavey*

• Area Representative

Hi 7 Wonders

I built my Seven as a kit and it was registered in November 1999. From what I understand if it was built before August 1999 it would only reqire a visual smoke test.

The Seven had a cat fitted when it passed the SVA test. I only require the cat for the MOT test as my friendly tester has left his wife and moved away.

Simon

I live in Helston Cornwall, but I would be quite happy to arrage collection if your cat is for sale.

Regards

Johnn

Mine was a 2006 CKD, on the last test I went for, (always at the same MOT place) the guy said the new regs had come through and he was keen to see how they had change, it refered to only factory built cars needing full cat test CKD were all visual only.

Last tested my car in 2011 before I sold it, afraid I cant quote which section of the regs it was.