Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell 26 April

sjmmarsh

Metcheck says it will be overcast and 5deg, with a slight sprinkling (0.0mm) over lunch.

Too far away to be reliable though..

Mark - don't worry about the track. You will really like it. Just take it easy and drive at your own pace. The trickiest area is Mountain, where you need to be careful to go straight over the middle of the crest of the hill and Halls bends shortly afterwards when it is easy to go into them too hot and get out of shape in the later bends (normally the hairpin at the end).

Get some tuition early in the day as well as it will give you more confidence.

I'll be in the Yellow CSR if you need any advice.

Steve

*thumbup* Steve

Steve Brown has lent me a DVD on how to drive round the circuit; I'm hoping that and borrowing an instructer for a few laps will help me out!

Main aim of the day is to have fun without either damaging my car (or anyone else's) and not to get in the way of the quick guys!

I'm staying locally the night before to get an early start on Mon! Will look for the car and come and say hi *smile*

1.8 VVC Roadsport SV

East and North Yorkshire Area

You'll enjoy it. I've been racing a few years and had my first trip to Cadwell last week and it's officially my favourite track after just the one visit!

It seems a bit daunting at first because of the length and number of corners but after a few sessions you'll start getting into the swing of things.

By the end of the day I was taking Coppice corner flat out, on approach to Charlie 1, small dab of brakes, down to 5th and round Charlie 2 and the feeling when you get it right is immense. (This was on CR500's)

I could go on, its just a great circuit...!

John

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic day 😬 and now I am totally knackered. Currently on train travelling down to London for a meeting tomorrow and I feel like curling up in a ball and sleeping all the way.

Many thanks to Geoff and all concerned in not only organising a superb track day but also superb weather *cool*

Roll on September

Steve

Superlight #63

• 1 month later...