Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What exhaust do I have?

Tangerine Dream

Silly question really but when I ordered my R400, I did not specify anything apart from the de-cat pipe. I assumed I would get a 5" exhaust and heat guard and then replace it with a nice fat 7" Raceco because I don't want to be chucked off track days!

To my (pleasant) surprise I found a nice fat exhaust on it at collection time. Poor picture.

I have trawled the CC site and reckon it is this.

Am I right and, more importantly, will this exhaust be good enough for track days - the sort that demand 98db static? OK, I know I need a measurement to be dead sure but would appreciate an idea. It sounds great and I don't really want to change it!

==================================

R400SV in orange - so far unmodified!

Edited by - Tangerine Dream on 29 Mar 2010 20:05:38

Edited by - Tangerine Dream on 29 Mar 2010 20:06:11

Looks like the one on our R300 SV. It's a 7" Cheesman repackable. As Andrew says the one on the parts site is a longer one for the CSR. I wonder, does that mean that the primaries or the cat are shorter on the CSR?

I don't think the R300/400 can is on the parts site yet.

I suspect that while new it may be as quiet as Ammo's, but may well fall apart quicker. I guess we'll find out. We're doing Bedford on saturday, so I guess we'll see what the noise is like from the R300 engine. R400 at 3/4 beans is likely to be louder, but neither can be above 99db as they've gone through IVA (45degree, 50cm, static, 3/4 max power rpm).

Martyn

R300GRR back home!! Reg inspection on 29th

Rattie *wavey*

See you at Bedford on Saturday 😬 I'll be in the yellow Roadsport B with black wings. Come and say hi or wave as you go past my measly Sigma engined variant *redface*

Although it looks like rain (or snow *eek*).

Jez

Thanks for the info - an R300/400 part that is shorter than CSR and not yet in the parts catalogue makes perfect sense.

Rattie: I would love an update on your noise reading on Saturday. Enjoy *cool*

Is that thing under the forward most guard not a cat?

Yes it is. Although I also have the de-cat pipe. Still in bubble wrap at the moment .. *redface*

for £50 you can extend your present silencer to circa 27" and run at 96db - do a search for info.

and save yourself £600 on a new silencer at the same time

This sounds intriguing. Not found it in search yet but will keep looking.

==================================

R400SV in orange - so far unmodified!

Come and say hi or wave as you go past my measly Sigma engined variant

We'll definitely come and say hi. I think you may have the advantage of having driven yours before. This will be our first drive, ever, further than about 30 feet! Thank you DVLA efficiency *wink*

Ours, as you my know from various pictures, is orange with black stripes. Possibly with plates saying R300GRR. Who knows? 😬

Martyn

R300GRR back home!! Reg inspection on 29th