Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cover

Powder Monkey

New car this year. It's in the garage, but mice a bit of a prob.

Winter is coming.

Want to buy a cover, but most aren't mouse proof.

Thinking of a Carcoon.

Has anyone bought one?

Want to know:

Which size to get as none are a perfect fit if I follow the dimensions directly...

Think I need 3100mm x 1575mm

(Roadsport, no spare wheel)

Carcoon size 2 is 3200mm x 1500mm (i.e length OK, width a bit mean)

Any thoughts? (re size and anything else)

John.

Not a gimick. It works. Since i put one in the garage and one in the house i haven't seen sight or sound of a mouse. Pest Shield Try one out and see how you get on. Will say they sudjest it's instant. Em not so sure about that. Seemed to take a few weeks to really click in and when i installed the second one transformed the place. Nothing. Gone. *thumbup*

Gordon.

• Area Representative

A friend who works in Pest Control was telling me that you can get a type of sticky tape that you apply to the floor. Mouse steps on it and sticks to it. Supposed to be very effective.

Might be worth looking into.

Russ *wavey*

• 1 month later...

Hi ECR,

Did you manage to sell your carcoon? Thinking of one - but couldn't quite stomach the new price..

Do they work without power? We're moving after the winter to a garage with power but wondered if for this winter it might do the job..

And before anyone says it.. This will be the first winter I've ever stored it - baby on way in January and I know blats will be down to a minimum as a result. I just can't stomach car sat in a very moist garage for a lot of the winter...

Shminky

-- Shminky --

Yes, I sold it on Ebay. IIRC it was a size 3 which was the size recommended for Sevens. You do need power as without the fans working it will deflate.

If I was in the market for this sort of thing again I think I would look at the type with an inner frame as the Carcoon is impossible to enter without fully deflating it and you then have to undrape it from over the car. It makes going out for a blat on a crisp winter morning quite a faff ....

Ex Chairman Roger