Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6 Sigma 150 Quirk ??? - Final Update 23.06.09

Windy Corner

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would make sense for the 125 Sigma, but for the 150, hardly seems worth it.

Anyone ever got an ECU pincode from Caterham ?? as I suspect to do anything useful to that engine you would have to remap it ??

Rik

Roadsport SV 1.6 Sigma 150

in Viper Blue here

Edited by - Windy Corner on 23 Apr 2009 05:51:37

Before going for the Minister upgrade I'd ring and check what target bhp they are doing now. Having had my engine 125 Sigma upgraded at Minister they were substantially lower than their target (based on their test), although it did improve a fair bit from where it was. Don't think they have upgraded the web site since...

• 1 month later...

Some more news

Had a chat with Robin at the Factory yesterday, explained that although all was mostly well, there was still some flatspots and I was thinking of getting it looked at to see if anything could be done with the map. Was there any chance of the pincode ???

Not surprisingly, there is no chance, apparently they use the same pincode for all ECU's including 125's and 150's which would have disastrous repercussions on the Academy of anyone got to "fiddle" with it.

He did mention, though to hold off doing anything else, as they are about to release a new "calibration map". Apparently they still accept although the current map seems to work well on some cars it doesn't appear to be as universal as it could be (my words not his)

Apparently (and please correct me as I don't know what I'm talking about) the current map is based on the manifold pressure sensor, but they are changing it to be based on the TPS. The current map (based on the Manifold pressure) is great when it works but not so great when it doesn't. Basing it on the TPS should mean a more universal map that should suit all cars.

It should be out in 2-3 weeks, so time then to start pestering CCM & CCS to get it updated (should be free ??)

Any comments would be welcome as I am not sure how this black magic ecu stuff works and whether it is likely to make any difference

Rik

in Viper Blue here

Edited by - Windy Corner on 28 May 2009 10:59:16

Sorry about that Peter, and I hate jargon *eek*.

Be interesting to know what they tell you, they did to it, Ivan, when you get it back. Mine was at CAt mIds for 2 weeks which I thought was a long time...............

Rik

in Viper Blue here

Hi Rik,

Just past five weeks for me so far, and with all this sunny weather we've been having I've started to go carzy with withdrawal and just want to go blatting again!!

Even though I would still rather they kept it longer rather than give it back before it was properly fixed. I know it has involved work on the throttle bodies but I'm not sure what and why as yet.

I'll certainly keep you all posted when I hear details, just can't wait to get back on the road.

Cheers

Ivan

had my sv150 on the dyno at the weekend and with the current programme "MAP sensor driven" i'm getting about 115bhp at the wheels. i look forward to the new programme, "TPS driven should result in a more accurate "derived airflow measurement" Presumably the MAP will then read/monitor absolute air pressure i.e. open to atmosphere. I really didn't want to be dragged down this road of continualsprofessional development

It's ready!!! *thumbup*

My car is now ready to collect with refurbished throttle bodies and the new engine map/set-up. Not sure what else has been done but will find out.

Going to pick it up on Friday so will let you all know how it is after my journey home 😬

Ivan