Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Truly numpty wheel question

Bellissimmo

Here's an easy one...

I'm putting the finishing touches on my Roadsport SV while I wait for the VOSA machine to churn out an SVA appointment (gits put the fee up £32 while my application was in the post!!!) and I can't get the decorative wheel centres on the rear wheels. The hub nuts at the rear seem to protrude about .5cm more than the fronts. The caps themselves seem identical, the wheels (I assume) are identical. What am I missing?

Once I get through the maze of twisty passages of Post Build Check, VOSA and DVLA, I'm going to blow all the frustrations away with one massive Blateroonie.

I've just returned from a 1300 mile round trip to Scotland in the tintop and for at least 400 miles of that I was seriously wishing I had the Seven with me. Maybe I'll replay that trip as my first decent blat.

Ian,

You betcha!

I'm booked in for the PBC on 14th Aug and I've asked for an SVA slot for 21st. If I get the slot I've asked for from the Swansea Joke Factory, it'll line up well with dropping my son off in Reading on the following Monday. I plan to pop in to the Reading LVLO (as they seem to be the most Kit friendly in the country) in the hope that they'll give me a bye on the vehicle inspection.

A triumph of hope over expectation, I know, but I hope to be 'on' for the Sept meet at the Ringlestone and I'm desperate to get to Legoland for the Amazing Machines gig.

Whatever happens I should be making the roads a more dangerous place reasonably soon *cool*