Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacement door mirrors

TobyCoulson

What you want is Nifty's mirror mounts, Im sure he will be along soon to explain but they use the existing hinge assembly to secure an ally mounting base to which is attached a 'racing' style mirror and is held in place with a pin through the hinge. If you do a search it will give more details.

Steve

Now with DVA Power! 191bhp and 150.9 lbft torque.

My Pictures

I bought some of Nifty's convex mirrors, then decided to fit them permanently to the windscreen stanchions without using his brackets/pins. This means I can use them all the time. They are superb mirrors - no vibration at any speed. At high speed, the centre mirror vibrates with the screen, but these new side mirrors are rock solid !

Downside - you can only open the doors half way - but you soon get used to that !

Will post up some pics in a minute.

7 related photos

here you are.

I simply unscrewed the three screws that hold the screen to the stanchion (upright), then drilled through the stanchion and tapped M5. Mirror screws on with a thin piece of rubber under base. Job done *thumbup*

If you want mirrors to take on/off, then you need Nifty's bits !! I have a spare set of brackets and pins (black finish) if anyone wants to use them with their own sourced mirrors.

7 related photos

• Leadership Team

My setup is the same as SM25T's. I ran this on my old car for a few years without the second screw drilled and tapped - the mirrors are pretty secure with just 1 screw.

Stu.

SM25T,

How much for the brackets/pins? I have mirrors and want to play with different brackets. Current I've made my own which sits between the top door hinge and the screen stanshion.

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

I bolted a pair of SPA mirrors to the stanchions about 3 years ago. No need to take them off *confused* they're much more stable than the caravan mirrors on the doors and of course they're there when I take the doors off. Only slight drawback is the doors only open 90 degrees but look on the bright side - it stops you scratching your bonnet.