Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Glue/Mastic

Milesk

Try the search engine... that is what it is for.

Type bonding wings... the product is Silaflex but "search" to get the code number - you will pick it up on e-bay.

Edited to say -Just seen your loction - if you need it for the weekend, there is normally a couple of spare tubes floating around here.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Edited by - John Howe on 13 Mar 2008 19:03:47

I did mine a couple of weeks ago with Sikaflex 221, damn good stuff, I reckon you will break the wing before you break the bond. Take some time to prepare the surfaces to get a good job. Liquid etched the Bighead fasteners and just took the sheen off the inside of the wing with emery.

Andy

keepin left

Fyi having done extensive tests on sikaflex they will fail before the fibreglass does if exclusively in shear. Plexus products for example would not. Not certain if this is an advantage or not. E.g would you really want the wing destroyed at the joint in the event of an accident. Do oyou really need to have a little piece of fibreglass bonded to the stay if the rest of the wing is damaged by bending? i would say that somewhere it ise best to join the wing with a weak area to the stay so that one or other remains serviceable inthe event of an accident. I plan to joint the wings to bigheads and tiewrap them onto the stays which i hope will do the trick.