Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake Pads

robert green

Robert

Did mine a few hundred miles ago - transformed the car! A cheap and very effective upgrade in my experience. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Demon Tweeks supplied mine - quick and efficient, but not necessarily the cheapest. Ask for Dave Kimberley and get 10% club discount if you do go to DT.

Peter Burt

• 2 weeks later...

Update and feedback

Fitted the pads this weekend. My calipers were a little sticky after not being used for a few months (6 😳),so it proved to be quite a job getting them fitted.

Anyway, took the 7 out for the first time this morning.

I managed to follow the bedding in procedure on the drive in to work.

Thanks to the acceleration of the 7 I was able to get a few good runs between stops without upsetting any other cars.

Well, the first thing I noticed was that when braking hard, they smell great 😬

Very reminiscent of the smell of cars Turning into Paddock hill bend when I used to marshal at Brands hatch all those years ago.

The second thing is that they stop the car very well - a huge improvement over standard and Green Stuff pads I've used in the past.

They seem to be quite good on the limit - very easy to regulate the point at which the wheel locks.

All in all - a great upgrade for £35 *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

I noticed the smell at a track day 2 weeks back. At the end of the straight, braking hard for the corner, I could smell brakes and assumed it was the tin top in front cooking them, after half a dozen laps I put 2 and 2 together 😬

VX HPC - Loud and proud here

Watch out, whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly