Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Myford Super 7 Lathe.

Peter T

S4, you are talking out of your hat. The seller said nothing about whether it was suitable for cars and the Myford is a very good, accurate lathe within the constraints of its size. It has a huge range of accessories that makes it very suitable for making small to medium size parts for cars, bikes, steam engines or anything else you please. It may not be big enough for brake discs and flywheels but it does have the advantage of fitting in most domestic workshops.

Unsolicited negative remarks like this in For Sale are IMO very bad manners. *mad*

I wouldn't take it personally Peter, he does seem very adept at making pointless comments that are designed to irritate. I've not yet seen one of his statements that can be backed up with cold facts.

I've used one of these lathes before and as others have said it is a very capable machine for its intended purpose. *thumbup*

If I had the space, I would be knocking on your door.

Maybe I could share it with John and give you some spuds in part ex. At least then you could have bangers & mash! *wink*

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 19 Sep 2007 14:34:15

• 1 month later...

Captain.....if you are lucky and want some lessons give me a call.........spent a few years in former life working bigger examples.......using 3 jaw, 4 jaw, face plates, fixed and moving steady's along with metric and imperial screw cutting on internal and external threads etc etc......! 😬 If it can be turned on a Lathe I'm your man....!

Sadly now stuck acting like "Head Master" working as an Operations Manager...!

CLean machine with less depreciation than a Seven..........!

I'm interested in this...my intended use is for making simple spacers, collars etc...and those parts you wish you had a lathe for but can't think of them now!

Pete,

Are you allowed to withdraw from sale if I make you an offer you are happy to accept from an appreciative, skint (!) club member?

PS How much does it weigh as I'm thinking of how I can collect it aswell?

Also, how big is it??

Cheers

Gary

Captain,

I think I sold my Myford 7 to Adam. It had a stand and when I bought it, I picked it up in a Volvo Estate. They are pretty light in lathe standards and can easiliy be disassembled for transportation. Just label th wires!

I used mine on countless occasions for making bushes, spacers, special nut & bolts etc on my 7. I only sold it because I got a Harris 250 at a good price.

Hope this helps,

Bruce.

Thanks for the offer Gary, but i think it would be unfair to other interested parties to withdraw it from e-bay.

I allready have had two people come and view and offer cash !!!

But i prefer to leave it on the auction as fairness. *thumbup*

Yes it would fit in a normal sized car, quite heavy though so two people to lift it. *thumbup*