Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Apollo Temp Sender Wire

Andy Best

I have fitted a secondhand apollo tank and need to order a length of wire to go from the apollo to the switch on the dash. I would like to stick to the standard Caterham colouring. Could someone check what the colour and thickness of wire is used in the Caterham factory setup.

Cheers

Andy

Lead colour is yellow and black Andy (Handbook indicates YB which would be yellow with a black stripe - being pedantic, I thought I remembered mine being black with a yellow stripe, but someone may be able to confirm which is correct) - I'm not sure of the cable type other than that it seems to be the usual 'thinwall' kind...Ref 16 here

Darren E

Website K80RUM and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 4 Jun 2007 16:36:18

• Leadership Team

Andy, according to the latest wiring diagram, the "return for optional oil temp gauge or low oil pressure warning light" is Darren says is designated YB. The correct cable will be "thinwall 1.0mm Yellow/Black" available from Polevolt. A on/on round rocker switch is a far tidier install to chnage over water/oil temp than the usual toggle switch.

Stu.

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬

• Area Representative

Andy

Dave H. fitted the apollo to his car and I think found the wire in the loom. He may be able to assist. He will be at LADS tomorrow.

Top tip

I found using an indicator switch (oil temp/off/water temp) was the best way to go. There is some 'sticktion' on the guage and it helps to allow guage to drop and then read when needle is rising up - I'll explain tom orrow!!

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

www.lads7.co.uk

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

• 2 weeks later...

I ahev just connected up my YB wire to the sender in the engine bay, but can i find the other end under the dash *mad*

Can anyone tell me from their own experience where the other end tends to be found please, and is it still YB or another colour having gone through some connectors.

Steve

4,000 miles so far and counting !

Now with DVA Power ! 191bhp and 150.9 lbft torque.

My Pictures

Steve,

After being given a few pointers from others I found mine under the dash it was a bit of a hunt though. Its Yellow Black and folded back on itself and then tiwrapped into the middle of the thick loom behind the gauges. The good thing is from those that have hunted before they are all found in a similar place.

I cut off the existing four or five tiwraps behind the oil and water gauges going back toward the right (rev counter) and teased the loom apart and there it was.

Replaced the tiwraps and I was sorted, took about an hour though and not very comfortable a good torch inspection light is a must