Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bulk Purchase - Foam sump baffles!

Rob Morris

Looking into the possible bulk purchase of the foam baffles used in wet sump cars.

Depending on interest and price, I'd hope to offer them as one off's inclusive of carriage.

Therefore, If you feel that you'd be interested please e'mail me with fitment required.

May be a delay with my reply as I'm still negiotiating the cost which will depend on the quantities req'd.

• Leadership Team

I'll have a couple as well.

Would be great if anybody has a template to shape the foam in advance of removing the sump. Copied my last one from the one before that, and that from the one before that.......is it supposed to be 4" square?

Stu.

Mark,

IMHO the only sensble frequency to change these is at every oil change, as it's virtually impossible to get all of the dirty oil out otherwise, and it just contaminates the fresh oil.

However, we are not always sensible, and it's expensive because of the additional cost of the sump gaskets, although if you're v. careful you can re-use the VX 2.0 ones. Also, of course , the foam baffle itself is extremely expensive when you consider that the cost of the materials will be pence!

Paul

I have just had mine replaced after it split at 9000 miles, they are supposed to last longer as Caterham recommend changing at 12000 miles. T

They only cost £7.66 where as the sump gasket costs a massive £27.82 both plus vat of course.

You should have all received mail!

Price for Vx item due on Monday, will need to confirm shape and price for K,. X/F and Zetec then we are away!

Will post all prices on blat chat when known, meanwhile, suggest that you spread the word at your Area meetings so that we can attain max discount!

At least carriage will be less than it was for wheels!

I changed mine at 9000 miles. It was in perfect condition. Not a trace of bits, contamination or deterioration.

The windage plate on the VX XE keeps it out of harms way of the crank.

For my sump it took two VX gaskets one between the windage plate and the block and one between the plate and the sump. K's only have one gasket. My gaskets were completely trashed in the process of getting them off. They were very well seated / Glued on.

count me in for 4 foam's ( if possible i would like to pick them up at Stoneleigh ). Recently i changed a foam on a K series the foam i got from Caterham was just a rectangle and i only had to cut two corners from it. Fortunantly i managed to re use to gasket because a guy at a Rover garage told me that there is no gasket on the sump, maybe it is a Caterham only feature.

The seven had done +/- 14 000 miles and the foam was really falling in to bits even the oilpump pick up was full of foam particles.

• 3 weeks later...

At last, free of work etc!

Prices for basic foam filter is:

£7.50ea inc. VAT & postage

Caterham price of £14.88ea + VAT & Postage.

These prices are based on Vx filter. The new ones would in all cases need to be cut to shape using you old filter as a template. If we had them cut to shape it would add £2 on each filter!

I need orders for 120 units as this is the minimum order due to volumes of material so its over to yourselves. Suggest that those of you interested in saving this money chase up numbers via your local area meetings.

N.B: All it would take is thirty people buying 4 each then we are home and dry!