Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec Emerald install questions

Dobuy

Due to my inability to get my car mapped at Webcon as I live in Dubai, I have decided to replace my Weber Alpha and purchase an Emerald ECU. I have a Innovate LC1 that I plan to integrate for mapping purposes.

Engine Spec:

2.3 Duratec, 11:1 pistons, Raceline 280 degree cams, Fully flowed head

45mm DTH Jenvey TB's, Raceline Water rail, Dry Sump

So I have several quick questions I need to address before placing my order.

1: What is the availability of ECU's as I am in a bit of a hurry, as we are in the middle of our track season here in Dubai.

2: Can you get a wiring loom suitable for the Duratec, if so what is the approximate cost.

3: Would any wiring loom have relays included or would I HAVE to use a MFRU

3: I presume I will need to change my water sensor from the Webcon one fitted to my Raceline Water-Rail

4: Should I get a new TPS, or can I easily use the existing Webcon one

5: Can anyone supply a 2.3 Duratec map to get me started that would be close to 270bhp.

Duratec SV, built in Dubai *cool*

Dobuy

1. Shouldn't be a problem

2. Loom to order only, around £300.00

3. Relays included on my loom

3. (No. 2!) Emerald supplied the correct coolant sensor to work with the ECU

4. Should be able to get the Weber one to work or use the Colvern one which is around £30.00

5. Ask Carl at Emerald to install a map for you

When ordering looms for customers I specify a sequential one that utilises the cam sensor. I also specify a connector for the heated thermostat. You can choose not to use this if you utilise the mechanical stat rather than the heated one. I use the heated one on mine and am very happy with it.

Neil YHM

AMMO

Edited by - AMMO on 12 Dec 2005 08:19:05

I will be interested to see how you get on with this Neil as I want to change mine from the Weber Alpha ECU as well.

Mine needs tweaking for cold temperatures which I can't get access to do myself and I don't like this feature whereby the engine has to turn over for 3 complete revolutions before it initiates the ignition. *confused* You sit there for what seems ages churning the engine over and almost wondering if it will actually fire at the end of it.

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Dobuy,

Just a comment about the LC1, On my installation with an early M3DK I found an interaction between the LC1 and the Emerald which gave a very noisy signal. There was nothing wrong with the LC1 and nothing wrong with the Emerald, however when the two were connected the signal noise was appalling. I did talk about this with Bill Shurvinton and I think he may have a solution to the problem that he could provide. I made up an interface board based on info on the Innovate site that cured the problem for me. Once I cured the noise problem, I found the kit really useful as a guide to adjusting the fuelling.

Ian

Nope mines a 2.3, the spec is RaceCo work on the head, 270 (or was it 268) cams, pace dry sump, Raceline (Jenvey) TB's. Other than that is all fairly standard stuff, I'm not running the Raceline water rail but I doubt that makes much difference.

I've just realised I don't actually have a copy of my map to hand as I've changed laptops and my car is still on it's way back from the USA, it should be here this week/next so I'll sort it out then if that's OK.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com