Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil hose and fittings - Are any better than others?

Ian Macquarie

I may use steel fittings and non-braided hose, however the smaller minimum bend radius of the "racing" braided hoses may be an advantage.

If I go down the "Racing" hose and aluminium fittings route, are there any advantages or drawbacks between the different makes? ie

Aeroquip

Pace

Earl's

Goodridge

As I would be making the hoses up myself, are any of the above easier than the others to assemble?

Ian

Don't know what you're trying to connect, but give Matthew at Think Automotive here a call. I've had excellent advice and serice in the past. Mention you're a club member up front and you'll also get a good discount.

If it's connections for a dry sump, I used the push-on hose and end fittings. Rather than bend the hose, using angled fittings is much the better way to go. My advice is to not use braided hoses. They might look good, but are a Royal pain in every other way *thumbdown*

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Edited by - Tony C on 1 Dec 2005 06:48:30

Agree too, just come back from Think, first class chaps !!

Anyway dont feel pressured into braided.

If you do use dash fittings, invest in some ali spanners it will make life easier.

Think about heating pipe in warm water before pushing fittings on it will make life easier

Also have a think about wanted section, as most people probably have a load of spares after trying different routes for pipes

Ian,

I used Earls on my x/flow dry sump installation. Partly because the counter service is based as Silverstone and was very convenient for me. Mine are braided (and look lovely *smile*) but they strip skin off knuckles, paint off the chassis etc.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by - pjh on 2 Dec 2005 14:22:51