Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerseed exhaust users.

shn7

I found out tonight that my Powerspeed 4:2:1 is leaking at the joints between the primaries and the main pipes. I know that Grubbster is suffering from this problem too.

Have any other people found this to be a problem? From cold if you start the engine and blip the throttle whilst holding a hand near (beware not touching) the joints you can feel and here the leak.

Grubbster fitted and re-fitted his whilst mine was fitted by Dave P. at Powerspeed using silicone as a sealant. I suspect the problem is to do with the flex in the mouting rubber allowing flex in the joints. I'm just not sure of a good solution as yet.

As I only found the problem tonight I've not had a chance to speak to Dave P. but intend to do so to seek his advice when I get a chance.

Steve.

Have any other people found this to be a problem? From cold if you start the engine and blip the throttle whilst holding a hand near (beware not touching) the joints you can feel and here the leak.

I'm using a CC 4-1 (long) system - bought 2nd hand - and it has always leaked. The two primaries that are not actually bolted to the collector can rattle slightly too...

I've tried various sealants - and they don't last long due to the movement in the system.

What works best for me is to cut some fillets from a beer-can and jamb as many in as possible - with a good smear of instant-gasket (the orange stuff - got it from HF).

Works for a while, but the fillets always work their way out eventually.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

My Powerspeed has a similar leak where the primaries are joined. I took the view it was pretty impossible to weld the very last pinhole up and smeared some clear silicone in the gap and it appeared to fix it. May need doing again but does not affect noise readings. 94db at 5K at last sprint.

Colin

On the collector the 4 inlet pipes are reduced to 2 then to 1 into the silencer. Where the welds are joined for the pipes 2 into 1 I too have a pin hole leak.... evident by soot around the hole. It is that small I haven't concerned myself with it. I don't use any sealant for the collector sealing to the manifold down pipes.... it makes it a nightmare to remove again. I use copperslip which seals nicely and allows ease of remove/refitting.

Emerald Isle's 1st SV 148lbft @ 6091rpm/182bhp @ 6690rpm engineered for low revs