Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Batteries - Odyssey PC625 or PC680MJT?

Jingers

Both drycell batteries, 625 has higher cold cranking amps than 680 but the reverse for HCA. What opinions/experiences are there for these batteries and what does the Suffix for the 680 stand for MJ = metal jacket what about the T = thermal?? and do you need the jacket when using the hold down box?

FTD Moreton in Marsh, International 1994 *cool* membership No.86xx

Not sure about the suffixes but the PC680 is used by several Westfield owners with Vx and Zetec engines and I've got one in the GSXR1100 single seater never had a problem and it's had enough capacity to start and run the car for an entire hillclimb weekend (no alternator on the racecar)

try www.knightbatteries.co.uk for a good price

Im using the PC680 - great battery. You may need to consider the location/orientation that you plan for the battery. If you what to use the "standard" banner battery location, then the bigger(?) PC680 is too tall to be put on its side (gets too close/hot to the exhaust).

Might be worth calling PowerVAmp Tel 01934 643000 ... as I think they offer a 10% discount for Seven cars.

Surely the PC 625 is a better option?? According to the specs on the Odyssey website (see link below) it's lighter and CCA, CA AND HCA figures are all higher and the reserve capcity is higher. I would be using mine to crank over a 170bhp zetec (hopefuly 210bhp one day) mainly for road use, I assume either battery will suffuce.

http://www.odysseyfactory.com/specs.htm

G

Edited by - gwatson2k on 15 Dec 2004 20:25:36