Click here if you are having website access problems ×

wheel nut sockets that go into a drill ?

RESOLVIWOLF

is there an adapter to do this ... so i can put my sockets onto my household drill

just find it a real pain winding 16 wheel nuts off then winding them on loosely again when changing tyres and whilst i dont want anything with big torque to do the actually tightening and inital loosening it would be nice to be able to spin the nuts on and off quickly with my portable drill.

Cor Blimey - the nuts only take six turns to do up. I use a long reach socket to avoid damaging the chrome finish. Stick the nut in the socket and run it on by hand, then on with the torque wrench 😬

BRG Brooklands SV 😬 It seems that perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

I find that a Cross Bar wheel nut wrench is V easy to use: put the appropriate size end on the offending nut, use yr left hand as a support/bearing and whack the crossbar , inertia will usually spin it around a few times.. repeat if necessary.. (Saves on having to drag the Drill out :-) Then use your Torque Wrench for final tightening.

The £14 one I got from Halfords works off a lighter socket, but had a socket included which had wires with croc clips on the end, so you could attach it directly onto the battery.

Yes, it is something you think you don't need, and for the odd change, fair enough, but for track days, or handling days when we changed a complete set of wheels 3 times, it is a big help *thumbup* - so why not - not exactly expensive.

Video's are back!

here

75,000miles in 3 years