Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Some Rules

Site Manager

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - any advertisement considered commercial by me will be removed.

Posters must stipulate a price or at least a guide price.

Items for auction for NTL should go in the "For Sale in aid of Nuke the Leuk" section.

No multiple posts, just to get your advertisement noticed.

Please monitor your advertisements and update where necessary.

Advertisers should close the thread once the items have been sold.

Edited by - site manager on 10 Sep 2004 18:36:15

😬 About time! Nice one Mr. Site Admin. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

the last bit about no email well, I think that the seller should state if they are advertising elsewhere, EBAY etc. and if they will withdraw the offer of sale if sold via an alternative method than Blatchat forums.

*thumbup* *thumbup*

Zak

www.zak7.com

*thumbup*

The last rule maybe could do with clarification. I would agree that when selling a car its different to selling parts. This is why I thing its important to split cars from parts and have two sections 'Cars for Sale' and 'Parts for Sale'

When it comes to parts that I recon the last rule is spot on. Its saves confusion and disapointment. Nowt worse that offering a price for a part only to find out that another memer has piped you by emailing the seller direct

R500 no 63 😬 *cool*

Regarding the last rule....

It's very annoying when you think you have bought something, by being the first to offer the asking price, only to hear in several days time that it was sold to someone else who emailed via the member's profile.

I do think it is a bit strict though and people simply won't obey it.

Maybe the seller should state whether it's a Blatchat only sale (to be undertaken along the lines of the last rule), or whether it's an open sale.

Accumulating bits . . .

I don't agree with the last point. I don't want the haggling made public - it's similar to those high street banks that did away with offices and discussed your personal finances in the lobby. It's embarrassing and people will just take their business elsewhere. *thumbdown*

Edited by - Marcusbell on 10 Sep 2004 10:00:18

I think the answer to the last point is to "NOT" assume you have bought something just because you answered the thread first! Just assume that your ahead of everyone else who has replied "on the thread" (and not the whole world!), when it comes to sorting out a deal

Shouldn't this thread (or a new one now) be stuck at the top of the list and locked immediately, so that the rules are the only post *confused*

Well done Barry - but I don't agree with the last item. Think about it - some people can't access Blatchat from work. Let's imagine a scenario where eager buyer looks at BC at home, places bid for something on condition that seller answeres a query. Seller however doesn't look at BC until the next day, by which time the buyer is at work and cannot access BC. In the meantime someone else pops up and offers to buy the item. Original buyer can't check progress until he gets home from work and seller has to decide what to do.

Is that fair to any of the parties?

Whereas, communicating via email not only avoids cluttering up BC with questions and so on, but also allows buyer and seller to "speak" at all times.

Hi all,

I left this topic open so that comments could be received. I am quite happy to change the rules so that everyone is happy, after all, I only put them there 'cos that's what someone wanted. So I'll now go and edit the post above, when we're all happy, I'll create a new one, close it and lock it at the top

erm Petrolhead - we're not going to prevent what's happened between you and this other guy by enacting that rule- it's a free world, he can sell to whom he wants (what constitutes a "firm offer" for instance?) - Every time I've bought or sold a house the goalposts have been moved and no matter what I try to do to avoid being messed around, it still happens.

FWIW I do share your frustration in this particular case though and would be just as angry as you about what had happened *mad*