Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham JPE Racecar MOG 02

Joachim Westermann

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area Representative
Arnie, if you only have fun asking stupid questions and you have a hard from them - I´m really glad for you

Joachim, given that English is not your first language, that is bloody perfect 😬

Richard []=*(#7#)*=[] b-r-a-a-a-a-r-p!

Visit the North Kent Area here

Quote:

"Joachim, given that English is not your first language, that is bloody perfect"

Unlike the description of the car 😳

Quote:

"It is not important JPE not JPE"

Obviously this would have no influence on the Resale Value would it Mike C!

😬

Basking with yet another hard

I do not see Joachim miss-representing his car at all. He does not say anywhere in his original postings that it is an unaltered 'JPE'. In fact the original description is very accurate.

He does say it is a JPE engine which given the original purchase of a JPE and subsequent re-chassis is accurate.

It is sold as is and has many bona fides as to its performance.

Monkfish: Did you read the description before you made your comment ? If not please do so.

Simos: Did you Read the Topic Title before you made your comments? If not please do so.

I don't doubt for one minute that Joachim's car is anything but extremely rapid and that the asking price doesn't come close to the time and money invested in the car.

I wish him well and hope someone out there relieves him of it in the near future.

There endeth my preachings

*thumbup*

Boys!

Calm down!

Some body is trying to sell his car over here!

Like I said before. It’s a proper car in excellent condition.

This car has proven to be one of the fastest Caterhams out on the track.

It’s a competitor’s nightmare.

Kind regards,

Joost

Joachim sent me some video footage a while back and apart from the mud being flipped onto the camera lense when the car in front caught the grass it is the best race footage I've got *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Very quick car 😬 😬 *wink*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Monkfish,

yes I did but since the car was originally bought as a JPE, has a newer chassis (with Watts link) that is probably better than the original, is faster and better sorted than a factory delivered JPE I just regard the rivet counting attitude unnecessary. The description was accurate and the title justified.

Let Joachim sell his car.

Here endeth the second lesson. *tongue* *wink* *biggrin*

Simon.

You clearly have larger breasts than most Dipstick!

Anyway, if this car has a JPE identity, I wonder what the chassis number of this chassis unit is here???

Seems it was an HPC not a JPE 😳 😳

Text here roughly translates to:

Caterham HPC chassis Bj. 1997 with a splash letter! Ex racing car of Joachim Westermann master car 1998 and 2000, class winner 1997.1998.1999 and 2000. Chassis was kompett divided and completely again developed by Arch of engine. All aliminium parts inside and outside are NEW! Innebleche of ARCH of engine in JPE black coats! Framework was completely examined and repaired! No chassis damage, no setting long or front ends! A car with singular history can drive again on the road or racing course! VHB 12,500, - of Joachim Westermann privately, (right steering wheel wants to only drive!!!!!) All parts necessary for finishing the car can be procured! Contact Pictures shortly

You may remember reading this thread here

Aren't MOG now a commercial organisation anyway??? Which ever way you look at it this ad is grossly misleading. IMO the car is massively overpriced as well.

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....

Edited by - EFA on 17 Jul 2004 09:52:42

Let the poor chap get on with selling his car and have the debate somewhere else.

I call my car a 1.4 Supersport because it was..but it now has widetrack, adjustable platforms etc, etc..so strictly speaking it isn't.

Anyone who's prepared to pay this sort of money for a car is going to ask for all these details anyway.

If he asks Joachim the questions he will answer them truthfully..as he has tried to do already, and therefore nothing is being hidden.

If you have an axe to grind, do the decent, gentlemanly thing and grind it elsewhere (as I pointed out to Mr MOG when he hijacked one of EFA-formerly know as FA's threads a while back).

Edited by - Nifty on 16 Jul 2004 23:54:52

Joachim is racing this weekend so he can not answer the questions.. But I know him quite well and I am absolutely sure that he has no problem at all with EFA hijacking his thread, as long as this thread stays at the top.

But I can absolutely understand EFA’s reaction. It’s hard to see that there is a VX powered Caterham out there with a proven reputation. It is really a fast car. Not only a car, like EFA’s decayed Caterham, that is claimed to be fast.

Conclusion:

The combination of Joachim and MOG2 is a fast one! The only thing that has proven to be fast in the combination of K2RUM and EFA, is Arnies mouth! *cool*

Before somebody starts mentioning the war, I am Dutch! 😬

Joost,

I do not wish to turn my car into a race car. It would de-value it too much.

Nifty, I think if you spent £33k on this car beliving it was a JPE only to find it never was and is in fact a complete "bitser" you would feel rather less than satisfied with your purchase.

Ex Fat Arnie

Hauling Less Lard....

Edited by - EFA on 17 Jul 2004 09:53:22

Edited by - EFA on 17 Jul 2004 09:54:49

Yes I would Arnie...but if I spent that amount of money on the car without verifying its heritage and inspecting the car personally (..or using a trusted contact to do it for me due to location) then I deserve what I get.

I spent a third of that on my car which was a little more than I could afford at the time.

I fell for the car and didn't look at it quite as hard as I ought to have.

As a result I've just spent a small fortune sorting out the chassis powder coating and the corrosion in the sideskins....my fault, no-one elses.

There you go Joachim..its back to the top *thumbup* *thumbup*

P.S. Joost,

In Arnie's defence I've ridden shotgun with him briefly at Le mans and can vouch for the fact that K2RUM certainly gets out of the blocks rapidly. Having had the pleasure of a similar experience in a 450bhp 996 Turbo and a 600bhp Ultima GTR I'd say Arnie's car easily had the Porsche licked and was running the Ultima close (though not at 140mph when the Ultima real came into its own !!!) 😬 😬 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 17 Jul 2004 10:36:47

For all of you argueing children,

A car that is quick in a straight line is one thing - Joachim's car is fast in staight lines, up hills, and around circuits.

I believe what Joachim is selling is a very quick race car, with proven components - just take a look at his web site - where pedigree & correct coloured press studs are not important. The proof is in the performance of the car.

I have a similar 'bitza' which is nearly as quick & i dont give a flying fish as to its pedigree - all i know is that I can compete on a race track with others.

If you want an original car for taking to the pub & telling everyone how wonderful you are then buy something else - 'cos I guarantee you cannot handle this car !!

Now shut up & let Joachim sell his car

EFA,

I think you should stop being such an 🙆🏻 and leave the poor bloke to sell his car.

We all refrained from slagging your car off when you were trying to sell it, easy as it would have been. Every time I see a photo of your front shock angles I fall about laughing...

You obviously have an axe to grind with Mr Mog from the carbon arguments, I think its petty and childish to sabotage his 'for sale' thread.

You seem to think your 7 is the best and no-one is allowed to have a better one. Well in my view your 7 is pointless. What is the point in having all that power for road use, and for going to LeMans. (and with ridiculous suspension). Much better to use the power on a race track, like Mr Mog.