Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stowage bags inside the spare wheel.

Nigel Riches

At last years Stoneleigh Kit car show someone was placing advert sheets about a bag which is circular in shape and designed to be stowed in the spare wheel.

Anybody out there got the contact details, as there is a big trip ahead and any extra room to get the "handbrakes" bits and bobs in would be appreciated, anything for a quiet life, without ear plugs, cheers Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.

• Area Representative

I had such a bag made for me by CIT in Walton on Thames; 01923 244 311 (ask for Martyn). To use it I ommited the bolt which holds the spare wheel in place and used a rachet strap to secure the spare in place instead. I found this a pretty good solution, although I think it would be possible to do a better job next time. Whatever you do: pack everything in plastic inside as in this position it will get soaking wet whatever you do!

Do contact me if you want some details.

Mav and Miss Mav had a novel idea -- second hood bag mounted in front of the roll bar. it also keeps your kit behind seats from getting wet, so another interesting idea.

one of the LtL 2003 tourers has made a bracket off of the bottom of each roll bar 45 degree down tube, and mounted 2 motorcycle paniers....very chic'

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 Lighten up everybody....NOW

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

I have one from Stuart Golding too (see Mick Day's post above).

Stuart is a 7 owner, so we can keep the dosh in the family, so to speak. It's perfect, fits exactly and even has a carrying handle. Just used it this weekend on a blat that 8 of us made to Yorkshire from the Beds/Bucks region.

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

cheers for that Doug, was on iPAQ browser and couldn't find them.... *thumbup*

looks like it's Alex B's car, so i'll give him a bell to see how he's getting on with it... *wink*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 Lighten up everybody....NOW

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven