Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bright colours

Griff

Stripping my car down this summer (when it gets too hot to drive in Dubai) for some essential work and will be respraying at the same time. Plan to go for either a luminous orange or green. I've seen a few good examples in UK which need sunglasses to protect your eyes, but wonder if anyone can help on colour codes or references for the paint as I guess it will be mix-to-order out here. The brighter the better!!!

Cheers,

Mike (Griff)

You may find that the "brilliance" decreases quite quickly if the paint is exposed to strong sunlight, where you live this might not be very long, might pay to do a bit of research about the types of paint finsh available, have a search through here, as this has been discussed previously.

Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.

Mike, be careful with any colour that comes close to the flourescent yellow/green that the fire brigade and some of the security forces have here, it's illegal to have the same colour as them.

Bright orange should be OK though and I believe that you can get anti UV laquer to combat fading, most of the better paint shops will know about this.

Any ides on where you will get the job done? It's something I need to do maybe early next summer.

Mike.

be careful with any colour that comes close to the flourescent yellow/green that the fire brigade and some of the security forces have here, it's illegal to have the same colour as them.

Never heard that one before. Where did you hear/see that?

Details for the flourescent orange colour are here

Looking after your environment - whether you like it or not! *tongue*

Thanks all - what I was really hoping for was a colour code guide used for car paints but maybe I'll check with the local paint shops. Not sure if a computer screen does McLaren Orange full justice.

Neil - If I can't drive mine on the road here, it might as well sit in the garage and look garish. As for yellow, fine if it weren't already several different shades and looking a bit tired!!! I'm tending towards lime green at the moment, but maybe offshore orange, or perhaps both???

Mike - don't know where to get it painted yet though they seem to do a nice job at Khalid's place, also there's Neil's friend from 4x4 Motors (whose name escapes me at the moment).