Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted: Titanium rear arch protectors

edmandsd

In my part of the World.. (Pacific Northwest) one can buy Ti Roofing Shingles/plates. . I've specified/used them on Buildings and a few Houses. Essentially flat squares (usually sheets of 16 to 20 Gauge). .. Find and Buy ..one.. have it Cut to size at any sheet metal Shop... and Presto! You have a Hi Tech/Flashy Stone guard for the bottoms of yer Fiberglass Fenders.. For surprisingly Little Money at All.

Remember this is Roofing Material :-)

DAVID,

JUST PRICING SOME UP FOR MYSELF. I RECKON THAT THEY WILL WORK OUT AT SUB £50 PER PAIR IF I DO 10 SETS (A 2METER x 1METER BY 1mm SHEET COSTS ABOUT £300) THEN THERES THE LASER CUTTING PRICE.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

Most of the problems with stone chips on rear wings is that they'll cover the whole front face regardless of where the minimal heavy S/S protectors are fitted! Millwood Motors (Caterham Agents in Glos?) supply v nice carbon fibre wing protectors which cover this v same area & wrap around the wing. My rear wings which have quite a few bits of damage above where the conventional stone guards fit are now nicely protected by these lightwight guards. Can be fitted with 4 black aluminium bots as well as detailed here