Click here if you are having website access problems ×

No more Caterham Mag Wheels?

BarryG

AFAIK the MB wheels are the lightest around at the mo. Not even Image could compete with them for weight, and the Image ones are more expensive.

Also, whilst I love the Dymags too Mike, they are also heavier and more expensive than the MB ones. Even if the Dymags came in at the same weight you have to consider where that weight would be. The MB's will always be lighter in the rim owing to the lack of metal in that area.

Lighter at the edges = faster

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the style of the MB ones at all, and have looked high and low for something as an alternative. I don't like the stupid waiting times and the stupid wheel nuts but if you're after ultimate performance they are the best.

If you can still get them when I've found some spare wonga, I'll place an order for a couple of sets.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Why not Panasport ? the one piece ML is one of the best looking and weighs only 4kg for the 13x7" but they also have 3 piece wheels and they can be viewed at www.kspeed.com i've paid about 700£ for 3 13x6 and 2 13x7 all in ( posted from Amerika ) and both are competition wheels and also they know what offset is needed for a Seven.

The CXR`s are great as far as weight / cost is concerned but they are one of those designs that you either love or hate........unfortunately I fall into the latter category.....

Elie, the panasports are a nice looking wheel, I`ve seen them fitted to a number of Birkin`s in America.

FOR SALE Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

They do look good in anthracite! And at that price I could be tempted. V7, did you pay extra for the anthracite finish?

Also V7, looks like our cars may end up looking similiar - I've chosen Estoril Blue with carbon "wings", but I only have the "track day" rollcage.

Oh my "blue" isn't so rare as when I spec'd it. Lotus Elise Azure. At least I made it famous.

Mav, welcome to try them on any time... I nearly sold them last week but chap pulled out and I reconsidered. Think I'll keep them until I can afford a few sets (plural) of lighter wheels.

MB has had some bad press on blat chat recently. I'd like to put the other side. I think his product is great and when weight really counts theres nothing to compare. I ordered a set from him, put the cheque in the post Monday and had the wheels and nuts Friday. Now I call that service. By the way the SnapOn socket clears the wheel easily. *thumbup*

I bought in July 2003 from G. Polley four Compo ML 3- piece wheels shod with A032Rs in supersoft. The wheels were delivered at my door for 1227.75 £ incl VAT and P&P for France( 50 £)

- two 6.5 X 13 + two 185/60 X 13

- two 7.5 X 13 + two 205/60 x 13

- Anthracite centers

- anodised (silver)external rims

The quality is top, including above surface treatments. No need for special studs and nuts or spanner *wink*, and you can have the widths you specify...

Pierre

Edited by - Pierre Gillet on 29 Oct 2003 11:11:03

The thing that irritates me with the split rim Compo ones is that the bolt holes are not in regular line with the center bits - a bit more though and one or too more bolts (2 between each center lug) would have made them look great.

JMHO

Greg, Q 86 NTM (slow Green XFlow)