Click here if you are having website access problems ×

rear disks

Richard Phillips

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh. Sorry mucker, but I was in good mood, (note the jocular smileysmile.gif) and typo's can happen to anyone. What grade pass did you get in your English Language Bscquestion.gif

Sierra xr4x4's/xr4i's for definite, and, I think, most models post 1991. OK.........friends nowquestion.gif

Andrew....My tougue was heading toward my cheek as wellthumbsup.gifcool.gifbiggrin.gif

I hadn't noticed everyone else copying the error, and I was annoyed with myself for failing the queens english so miserably.

No offence taken, but as for the rest of you.........get your own spelling of discthumbsup.gifteeth.gif

I've just fitted a SAN instead of conventional disks to my car. I'll let you know how it performs....

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Slow Old Vauxhall wink.gif

Edited by - fast arnie on 23 Feb 2001 19:58:07

Sorry to spoil the fun but I know b****r all about computers so back to the plot.....

I was under the impression that the rear calipers are from a Sierra but the discs aren't. They're made for Caterham to their own design to suit the Sierra calipers and mount on the de dion hubs.

The front discs are Triumph Herald !

You can fit the GT6 discs but they are half an inch larger in diameter and about an eighth of an inch thicker. You would also need a different caliper to do this or turn down the GT6 disc to the same diameter. I have GT6 Discs on my car that have been turned down.

Don't know about the rears which doesn't exactly help Richard with his original question

H'mm, Just thought about this..... Front disks are Herald, rears don't have the studs passing through, but the hubs I think are bespoke.

If you can't get disks from Caterham, EBC make slotted disk kits for the Seven which are reckoned to be pretty good. EBC are on 0800 028 4705

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Slow Old Vauxhall wink.gif

I beleive that the disks in question are not from a production car, but are specially made by a company in Coventry for Caterham. I cannot remember the company name, but it starts with an E and is on Torrington Ave, Coventry. They also make variuos other suspension parts for Caterhams eg wishbones, uprights and hubs. If I can find the name and number, I will let you all know.