Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anyone tried the Yoko A 539s

mikehoile

Am about to get a second set of wheels / tyres and wonder if anyone has experience of this new tyre. My intention was to get a set of Bridgstone Re720s at Adams & Page (High Wycome) however they have recomended trying this new tyre. I currently use 032s which are excellant but need a class 1a tyre ref the blue book.

Igot1

I used them on a previous 7, excellent in the wet, they where ok as just a road/touring tyre, ok as a trackday tyre but not a patch on the sticky tyres...

not sure how competitive they are in list 1a class, I belive bridgetstones are the ones to have *smile*

rob

I have them in 195/50 15" perfect for road, cannot find the limit.

I have alson 13" with 032 for circuit use

After a few lap A539 goes to lunch, 032 getting better and better

Sharper steering with smaller wheels, and a feeling like the car has no wheels on the road with 13"

Very Good 15" for long distance cruising

A539 is really impressing in wet condition

If it can help

Eric

Similar to Eric, I have the benefit of 2 sets of wheels. A032's on 13" rims and A539's on 15" rims. Not long had the car. The A032's came with the car but I needed a set of tyres that would be better in the wet so put the A539's on the 15" rims replacing the bald A021's. (would probably have gone for more A021's but they did not seem to be available at the time). Doing some searches on blatchat the A539's looked a good tyre to go for. So far I have not been disappointed. And at £160 for 4 tyres fitted and balanced seem very good value. The A539 stay on the car for general driving not used them on a track.

Alan and his Yellow and Green BDR.

Interesting replies and much appreciated. I've been quoted £50 per tyre fitted so am intrigued about Alan's suppied/fitted cost of £160 which would give quite a saving. Only bought my 7 to go down to the pub on a Sunday, am now looking at a second set of wheels on top of all of the other work--is this like a SARS disease or simply madness - Aint it fun though !!

Mike, I got my tyres from "Bracknell Tyres". Found them after searching on Blatchat. They did not keep the tyres in stock but could get them with 24hrs. So placed an order over the phone and got tyres fitted the following day. If you want their number but can not find it on BC I am sure I can dig out my receipt.

Alan and his Yellow & Green BDR.

I started off with 21Rs on my 7 & wore them out within a couple of thousand miles! I think this a reflection on my right foot! Apparently you can get 4-5 thousand out of them on the road.

I replaced the 21R with 539 because they are road biased tyre, rather than a race wet tyre, so are mopre durable. I havnt noticed significant difference is the dry & I havnt exceeded they dry grip levels on the road. They feel different in the wet to the 21R s, but I cant really describe how.

Unless my amount of track days increases, I will buy another set. If my track days increase, as may get another set of wheels with 32s on.

Edited by - TomB on 20 Apr 2003 21:05:46