Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spa mirrors difference?

Rasta7

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Spa mirrors being sold by Merlin and DPR. I've heard that some suppliers are selling "Spa type" mirrors rather than genuine ones. I'm going to order the DPR adapters so I can fit them to the Eccles mirror mounts, so would make sense to order the mirrors from DPR as well. Problem is the mirrors are slightly more expensive from DPR. I'm getting the plain black convex type rather than the carbon fibre ones. 

41 minutes ago, Rasta7 said:

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Spa mirrors being sold by Merlin and DPR. I've heard that some suppliers are selling "Spa type" mirrors rather than genuine ones. I'm going to order the DPR adapters so I can fit them to the Eccles mirror mounts, so would make sense to order the mirrors from DPR as well. Problem is the mirrors are slightly more expensive from DPR. I'm getting the plain black convex type rather than the carbon fibre ones. 

Not sure regarding the difference in mirrors but which mounts do you mean?

If these https://parts.dpr-motorsport.com/contents/en-uk/p103 then you don't need them to mount to eccles mounts. They're to allow you to mount to the windscreen, great for running 'doorless'

The mirrors come with mounts that bolt straight onto eccles mounts (see pic).

IMG_6558 Small.jpeg

Have a search for “spa vs motamec” on here

the “spa style” are motamecs and in my opinion not as good as they are much much less convex and so pretty hopeless. If you can be bothered you can drill and tap a bolt but I also make some stuff to help
I have skin in this game though. See the site in my profile for my offerings. 

3 hours ago, Rasta7 said:

Don't DPR's Spa mirrors come with their adjustment bolt conversion hence more expensive?

As far as I know the DPR mirrors need either the roll cage mount or the conversion kit which are both sold separately. They can be fitted directly to Eccles mounts without the conversion kit, but can be fiddly to get into the position you want. I think I'll go for the DPR mirrors rather than the Merlin ones. Really just wanted to check I was buying genuine Spa mirrors and not "Spa style".