Click here if you are having website access problems ×

do you like sometimes driving without side screens but you want to use mirrors?

graearea

So did Gavin Hobbs of the carrotland parish, he asked me to come up with something and here we are (excuse the mismatched Ti bolts, I've been experimenting loads):

image.png.5a97387ffb81ad3c66d83eca1bbfef5b.png

here it is in action:

the Hinges are new versions of the ones I sell with my caterham-spa adapters. they limit the sidescreen opening and then accept the quick swap adapters directly. as you can see, with a spare set of mirrors, it's a 2 minute job to switch from sidescreens to no sidescreens. if you want to reuse the spa mirrors, it's about a 10 minute job.

they're available in spa or motamec fitting (as usual, I recommend spa as they're more convex)

the adapters come with all bolts needed, a pair of hinges and a pair of double captive nuts which mean that there's no fiddling with an 8mm spanner. just a 3mm hex.

image.thumb.png.0f4075e1d09cf03bf5f5d68f4f8463fe.png

if you already bought some of my hinges, I'll replace them for free with the new ones and so you'll get a discount.

price is 35quid delivered 

for more info and to order, goto the page in my signature 😄

as usual, all profits to be spent on alcohol and Super Unleaded

Edited by graearea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this has been a bit of a marathon.

turns out I figured out how to make brackets for the sidescreens that take the adapters. this means you can use the same mirrors attached to the adapter with minimum fuss switching between sidescreen and windscreen.

I'm gonna test them this week at Bedford trackday and then add them to my offerings.

pictures will follow

image.thumb.png.47c12c713e328ff62736984ef843762b.png

• Like 2

On 06/03/2024 at 10:44, graearea said:

this has been a bit of a marathon.

turns out I figured out how to make brackets for the sidescreens that take the adapters. this means you can use the same mirrors attached to the adapter with minimum fuss switching between sidescreen and windscreen.

I'm gonna test them this week at Bedford trackday and then add them to my offerings.

pictures will follow

image.thumb.png.47c12c713e328ff62736984ef843762b.png

Interested in this option as changing the mirrors over when removing the screens is currently a faff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

here we go. move spa/motamec mirrors from sidescreens to windscreen with only a 3mm hex key in under 2 minutes.

I'll update my product page shortly

no fiddling with bolts and washers.

Edited by graearea
  • Like 1