Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry Sump Fitting advice re K Series

Steve Sheldon

• Area Representative

A point to note when fitting DS to a VVC or Xpower 140. The VVC and 140 Xpower cars use a different RHS engine mount that lowers the engine in the chassis so that the plenum (and maybe the VVC mech?) clear the bonnet, so any DS kit needs to include the correctly modified RHS engine mount.

(I know of two cars where the plenum has worn a hole in the bonnet due to this issue)

Well it used to ...

I recently fitted a Pace system bought brand new from NBE (who now make the Pace system). The plate that others have that sits between the pump and the block was missing, and when we contacted NBE they said they had never heard of it! Without it, the pump wasn't stably mounted, the supplied belt was too long (by twice the thickness of the plate, as expected), and the pump bolts bottomed in the block before clamping the pump. Luckily the chap who was having the car was handy with CAD and got a plate made up to fit. 

All I would say is ... Expect things to be not quite as they should be. If this is don't look right and don't match instructions, question them.