Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight R at Hilton & Moss

McBreadhead

Nothing to do with me, but the ad has some good pictures.  It looks like its been subject to some modification from standard.  Points I've noted: 

its got Millwood tall stone protectors;  I don't think the silencer is original; looks like it has aftermarket dampers on;  aftermarket water temp gauge and combined oil pressure/ temp gauge, some other mods apparent on the dashboard; there is a brake bias valve next to the peddle box; it has a reprogrammable Emerald ECU; doesnt have a Caterham Dry Sump (no tower) but there's a hint in photo23 of something that might be external DS tank; the scuttle has been modified to allow it to be unbolted; the engine bay looks a but scruffy for my liking

Its broadly looks like an SLR, but it looks like its been hacked about with - brake bias valve, wiring, Emerald, after market DS. If you want a clean original SLR, Id suggest this isn't what you'd want, but its got some good extras that are definitely worth having if you're happy to move away from originality and don't mind fettling with when something goes wrong with someone elses wiring mods. 

• Area Representative

I've noticed a few Superlight Rs for sale recently... petrol prices maybe pushing owners into selling? (not that SLRs are really any thirstier than other 7s).

If you are considering a SLR, you won't be disappointed! *driving*

No Superlight R wheels which make a big difference to the originality of the look, and no dash plaque ! plus 15 years ago it had a full engine rebuild, all be it increasing the horse power but depending on how its been driven and maintained in the mean time just may need a look at to make sure all still how it should be.

• Leadership Team

If anyone does choose to view this car and needs more details regarding it's provenance as an original SLR road car (rather than a race spec SLR/VHPD car), if you contact me directly with the chassis number I can confirm the corresponding plaque number.

#7  There are occasionally original SLR wheels available (used) if someone was looking to improve the originality, I've certainly had little difficulty assembling a few spare sets.

Stu.

• Leadership Team

#10  There's currently around a third of the SLRs built listed on the register page so plenty more to find. However we do have details regarding all 127 SLRs and the relevant chassis/plaque numbers, a quick check of the chassis number would confirm it's providence.

Stu.