Click here if you are having website access problems ×

270 build, brake line

Roearn

Hello. Can anyone help.

I'm building a 270s. I need to make a new offside rear brake line. The short length on the De Dion. I want to buy a new straight length and bend it myself. I'm away from home and away from my build, tools and everything. Surprisingly, there is a local auto shop that can make a new length for me. But I'm not sure of the dia and length. I think dia is 1/4 or 5/16 inch. The length will be developed +30/40mm. Is there anyone who can tell me this info.

Regards

Roger

Hi ScottR.

I didn't like the route to the caliper, so I tried altering it, and spoiled it. I want a new length that's longer so I can bend it myself, with a bending tool I've bought. I'm away from home "dog sitting" for my daughter and twiddling my fingers. And there's an auto shop close that could make a new length, if I new the diameter and length. 

Roger.

Andrew,

Yes, I'm going to have to wait until I get home and take my spoiled pipe somewhere as a pattern. In my ignorance I bought a kit online to make a new pipe. Only to find it would only make female end connections. The pipe off my 270 is a male end.

Roger.