Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620s - Engine cutting out in very heavy rain

Phillip Meyer

They also admitted the LSD issues, which they've been 'working on' for over a year now .......

From an article a year ago:

CC spokesman said:

"We do not want to make ownership onerous, but in the respect of the differential it is increasingly apparent that the team at the time got this wrong....it needs to be corrected and I would be first to admit it is taking an extraordinarily long time"

Good luck with the cooling system. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it the CC development team and resources are limited, so obviously the 170 was the first priority (especially with the sigma loss and the new owners), then the increased product problems. When the ToDo list isn't full of higher priority problems then fixes might progress. 

Can't argue with that Chris. New products and sales have always been prioritised above existing customer service by CC. 

But I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for these things to ever be properly addressed. No one seems to care once the cars are sold; sympathetic mumblings are occasionally heard but nothing really happens. 

Maybe if the 'development team' made fewer mistakes in the first place they'd be more successful in ironing out the remaining issues. 

I have had 3 new CSR's from CC, there were issues with all 3, the first two were collected by CC, issues resolved and returned, which was circa 1200 mile round trip by a great van driver so full marks to CC for after sales care.  This last CSR's issues were no tracker fitted, no paint protection film and no shift lights despite having paid for all three.  I had to arrange for a company in Perth to apply the pp film and a company in Glasgow to fit the tracker and I gave up on the shift lights but it too eventually had to be returned to the factory because of a misfire caused by a faulty ECU map.  So I have no  issues re after sales care, other than the hassle of having to return the car.

The 620 does seem to have a number of 'issues', which CC should take on board and resolve, otherwise it will not instill any confidence in their design and development expertise relating to a future EV7.  I would imagine that they are so busy building 7's to complete present orders that they have no one available to rectify the 620 issues, in which case I would just take it on the chin and pay for the PGM fix before Spring arrives so that I could enjoy the car with confidence. 

#79 I would suggest that they are warranty issues as opposed to development issues.

I had a few warranty issues with my car which were resolved fairly quickly. 

I think that different from inherent issues such as flaky LSDs, cooling systems, leaky radiators etc that seem to be continual over the years with, seemingly, little done to properly resolve them. 

I do agree that the best way forward might be to get PGM to apply their solution though. As some of us know, it's often better to find your own alternative *wink* rather than wait.