Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speakers maybe stereo

Kelly959

My tinhat is ready.......

Used a Bluetooth speaker and Spotify on a recent 300 mile trip. Under 50-60mph it was actually quite pleasant when not blatting. 

Is anyone willing to admit fitting something and if so what and how?

My initial thought is to hard wire a Bluetooth speaker under the dash, but would like suggestions as well please. 

Speakers into Cat are useless. As Writhpayne mention, intra BT speakers will help you in protect your hears and listen to music or navigation notification.

I currently use Jabra Acitive Elite 65T (next ones will be certainly Sony WH-1000xm4)

Globally speaking, audio systems into cabs are useless, we also have a Miata NC3 with Bose Sound system. I'm still asking why as above 90 mk/h nothing car be listen correctly. 

• Leadership Team

Whilst driving to Le Mans with my son we decided to try out the Bose Soundlink Mini we'd taken on the trip, we positioned it between the seats so fairly close to both of us and it was pretty useless at any sort of speed. The Bose is a small unit but is capable of some pretty decent performance, certainly as good if not better than the level of stereo you'd actually be able to install in a Caterham.  

If you do really intend to go this route, my suggestion would be to fit a cargo net pocket on the rear bulkhead between the seats then use a suitable Bluetooth speaker, which you might already have.

However ... if you do want "good" stereo music in the Caterham I'd suggest investigating the setups that bikers use, obviously headset rather than helmet.

Stu.