Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tillet Seats

LewisAV

Hi All

I am thinking of putting my Tillet seats up for sale. First of two embarrassing questions. 1. How do i know if they are composite or Fiberglas? 2. How much roughly are these worth? Condition obviously being the key factor. New to the scene so learning as we go along.

Best Regards

Lewis

• Leadership Team

The carbon/Kevlar Tilletts are visible weave, the Kevlar being yellow fibre and the carbon black so it's quite easy to tell. By contrast the fibreglass Tillett's are plain black gel coat.

I normally price good condition used items at half the new price and go from there, it's usually pretty realistic.

Stu.

"Yes the carbon and Kevlar are easy to spot the difference but i was asking about  the GRP and composite. Both GRP (AKA Fiberglas) and composite are jet black so hard to tell."

Composite simply means made from a mix of materials.  So carbon, kevlar and GRP are all types of composite.  Being slightly more accurate, carbon would be referred to as CFRP (Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic) in the same way as GRP is Glass fibre Reinforced plastic.

So composite and GRP seats are the same thing in this context.  If people don't make a song and dance about them being Kevlar or carbon fibre then they're GRP.

Before the pedants start, yes I've called it Kevlar and yes I do know the difference.

• 3 months later...