Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Diff Drexler vs. Tracsport

Hanns Per

• Area Representative

Well if you have followed even some of the contents of my post & subsequent thread it may become apparent that the Titan could be the one to avoid. https://www.lotus7.club/forum/techtalk/bmwtitan-lsd-viability

The SPC (Tracsport) LS unit is superior to the Titan but its your decision!   

Sorry you have not had much of a response - I guess not many of us have any experience with the Drexler.

I believe the Tracsport is a better product than the Titan for at least three reasons - the sintered plates are larger meaning they are less stressed under similar loads, there is a much greater area of contact between the pressure rings and the cross shaft making it more robust and the design does not fully compress the Belleville washers which means they retain their function.

That is my laymans understanding and I am open to correction! Perhaps you could try and compare some of the above between the Drexler and the Tracsport.

Good luck

I think the target audience for someone who has directly compared Drexler to Tracsport on the road/track will be very small!

However from looking at the Drexler website at the diff components, and having been to SPC to see the constituent parts of the Tracsport diff, I'd say they look extremely similar. I'm basing this on the clutch & plate sizes, plus the pinion ring ramp widths and diametric size.