Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speedometer Sigma 2009

Tuck2020

Next update.

John asked me to confirm the type of speedo I had, which has changed over the years. I followed the procedure on the excellent speedo guide, and found that the speedo reading was 041306. My tyre size is 185/60/13 so clearly it's set for the wrong size, however it's good news that it can be changed to accommodate different tyre sizes.

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone who happens to have a driveshaft on the bench , or access to one, be able to put a set of callipers or a tape on the toothed ring  and let me know the outside dimension please? I'm just speaking to a company about making the rings.

I"ll report back if I make any progress, CC aren't helping much at the mo.

cheers

Well, unfortunately that’s a lot harder than I thought. My vernier won’t span that diameter. It’s wide enough but the measuring surfaces aren’t long enough to reach to the max diameter with the shaft assembled. 

The best I got was about 93mm. I also count 43 teeth with a pitch of 7.0mm which calculates to 301mm circumference, 95.8mm. 

Sorry can't be more precise. If I think of a better way to measure I’ll be back. 

Thanks Scott, your efforts are appreciated. When I spoke to Chris at Redline he said they weren't easy to measure!

I've  given Darren at Caterham a nudge this week, but still haven't had a response, I guess they would rather sell me a new driveshaft for several hundred quid...

• 4 months later...