Click here if you are having website access problems ×

North East 7's April 2019 Blat

North East AR

Its that time again.........

The 7's are rested and fettled, batteries on the trickle charge......just waiting for the sun to appear.......

As we live in the North East, the sun won't appear, so sod it, lets get out this Sunday anyways! 9 - 9.30 at Durham Services (jcn 61 of the A1) and then onward to Middleton In Teesdale, Brough, and lunch at the Fat Lamb in Kirby Steven. Maybe a drive up to Tan Hill (highest pub in the UK or England I believe) and perhaps a gentile afternoon tea in Barnard Castle?

The usual north eastern suspects are already lined up and ready to go, so come and join us (and if nothing else, make the group look at little more attractive than we are as a collective currently)

Paul

Staying at the CB Inn in Arkengarthdale over the weekend Paul helping with another clubs event but I'll be away on Sunday and meet you either at Middleton or somewhere towards the Fat Lamb. The pubs about 3 miles south of Kirkby Stephen on the Sedbergh road. Definitely worth going over Lamps Moss up to Tan Hill if the weather is kind and from there its a quick blast over the Stang back to Barnard Castle.

I was quizzing a local shepherd about the collective term for the road from Middleton to Brough and he said its known as "Grains O' The' Beck road after the bridge at the mid point.

A busy day in Brough!

d62a0888-0156-4266-b717-b0e774fa3390.thumb.jpg.c02f201ca1a9b0640fefae112d692ba3.jpg

You lot must be keen! The roads weren’t looking very good yesterday judging by the photos on North East weather forecast last night. We had snow on the North Yorkshire Moors yesterday and I know there was also snow in Barney but the forecast is better for the weekend. Hope you have a great time, but I think I’ll sit this one out.

1B95296F-521B-4ACA-93C8-B804E1D3B7B1.thumb.jpeg.faef8a5174bd7c3e620f41dcf4fd1a87.jpeg