Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Racing shoes/boots

Luegonigel

Hi, I've been trying to buy some lightweight trainers, driving shoes, racing boots but with little success.

I have some old leather Adidas trainers, fit like a glove. Haven't been able to find anything similar in the shops. Ordered two pairs of Adidas trainers from Demon Tweeks, first pair size 10 1/2 were 10mm narrower than my existing size 11 trainers, second pair size 11 were just longer but no wider!

Have scanned the internet for shoes/boots which are identified as "wide fitting"...no luck. Don't want to keep ordering things and then sending them back.

One guy when I showed him my old trainer said they old fashioned.....I said that obviously means I need surgery on my foot then to fit anything current!

Anyone else got old fashioned wide feet and therefore footwear suggestions?

I’ve taken to wearing dunlop canvas trainers in the seven at about £14 from sports direct. If you wanted to ne trendy get converse!

I’m a 10 but usually need an 11 now. The dunlops fit fine width wise. Might be worth a look at Lonsdale which are also relatively cheap, however I needed a 12 and looked a bit like Coco in them!!

Regards

Ian

Were the Adidas trainers you tried the Trackstar XLT driving ones?  I've been tempted to buy a pair for ages but the price and lack of somewhere with stock in a shop to try them on has put me off so far.  I have wideish size 10 feet, which is why I've never found any of the Puma driving trainers fit well.

I recently bought a pair of the Koden kart boots recommended in another thread and am happy with the fit, I followed the advice to order a size up from what you would normally buy.

My old McRae pair were perfect but have slowly come apart.

yes it was the Trackstar XLT I tried and they were the narrowest shoes I've ever seen and I'm surprised they fit anyone. I called Demon Tweeks and asked if they did any wide fitting shoes to which they said no and I'd just have to take pot luck trying more on. Living in Aberdeen, it's not too easy to call in to their place.

Thanks for all the suggestions, got the job properly sorted yesterday and bought some Ecco Biom Lite. Fit like a glove straight out of the box. Will have to wait a while before I'm driving in them due to the weather up here but they are the same physical dimensions as my old Adidas trainers so shouldn't be an issue.

£100 per pair but they had some blue ones in the clearance section for £70 so bought them also as well as the brown ones I originally picked up.

https://www.eccoshoesuk.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_term=ECCO%20Shoes&utm_content=ECCO%20General

https://www.eccoshoesuk.com/ecco-biom-lite/p7133