Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Oil Pressure Guage/Sensor

Markymark

• Area Representative

Hi Mark,

I had similar issues with my Sigma oil pressure gauge reading erratically, so i ordered a new sender from Redine (Danfoss 1350) but i found that the connector to the chassis wiring was not making good contact, so i cleaned it, pushed it back together, and covered with insulating tape. Worked perfectly ever since!

You can find it under the inlet throttle bodies just by the oil filter.

oilpressuresender.jpg.6f92df44c2bbe8971846c04386ed1e77.jpg

Iain

Cheers, I’d forgotten that thread even though I’d commented on/in it.

I may be repeating myself but wish something similar existed to replace the K Series sender (which is expensive oem and not fantastic) and avoid changing to a capillary gauge.

Hi Ian 

I have located the above sensor and lead on the car. See pictures below.

OilPSIMG_2267.thumb.JPG.7cb890188d04040dde386e4a97d41a42.JPG OilPS2IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.abb6ceecc18d1b2d33ba98f5c40d969d.JPG

The one above is where the sensor is in the engine. I am assuming you cleaned the electrical contacts here rather han the connection to loom in picture two - I am guessing you are going to say both!

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

As Iain stated I did not and do not have a multimeter. Instead of going down the route of buying a meter, a box spanner and maybe some loctite  thread locker (not sure on this last thought) I took the approach of replacing the easiest part first- the pluggable sub-loom. Luckily for me this appears to have fixed the problem. 10 minute job which included removing the old one and securing the new one with cable ties.

According to Iain and on inspection ( I can see where he is coming from) I also saved some skin on my knuckles as it is a right bugger to get to. Also I am apprehensive of screwing anything into the engine block in case I cross thread it! Location on the Sigma would suggest this is not an unlikely scenario for amateur like me!

Mark

• 5 years later...
22 minutes ago, Alan Clark said:

Where is the earth to the oil pressure gauge?

My oil gauge is reading max without the engine running!

Do you have the wiring diagram? Let me know if you need a copy.

The gauge is earthed with other instruments to a pillar behind the dash.

But the circuit that connects the gauge to the sender works by the sender offering a variable resistance to a local earth. `Does your sender have one or two terminal?

Jonathan

Edited by Jonathan Kay

21 minutes ago, Alan Clark said:

My oil gauge is reading max without the engine running!

All other instruments OK? 

Any recent work on the car?

Start with inspecting the connections to the sender... how many terminals, what colour are the wires, and are all the connections intact?

Jonathan

• Area Representative
12 hours ago, Alan Clark said:

Where is the earth to the oil pressure gauge?

I assume the body of the sender earth to the engine block. Sounds like feed to the gauge is going to earth somewhere. This could be in the wiring or a faulty sender.