Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR IMMOBILISER

Manstein

Being an expert in auto electrics and stuff like that, my personal view is it's completely broked, definitely not a simple, quick or cheap fix, probably totally uneconomical to repair. Potentially hazardous too. Probably best to give up on the whole debacle. In fact, as I am a kindly soul, what I'll do is go grab a tow rope and go drag it out of your garage (I will leave a box of tesco finest Belgian biscuits in the place where the car stood, well, what's left of a box anyways) and you'll be better off rid of it. I know, you don't have to say it, I'm all heart. Enjoy Scotland's isles!

Blue I've tried all he usual methods incuding position 93 (Advanced) Kama Sutra but the bloody thing wont unlock. I'll get it trailered down to the local garage after Motormania and they can either fettle or remove it.

Paul enough of this CSR rose tinted fantasy they are just as big a PIA as all the other Caterham versions! Look what CSR ownership has done to Blue his wife has had to buy an Aston Martin to drive him to the whisky shop at Tomintoul! Luckily in my situation at least one is semi roadworthy at any one time! Suggest you retire to a darkened room with Sarah and a Kia/Dacia brochure.

Position 93 is not advisable at your age *eek*  Like all 7 problems we always tend to think the worst but Paul's degree of pessimism ... err ... takes the biscuit. 

Before spending money on garage bills, try changing the battery in the key ring transponder, a temporary fix is to  place the transponder on a radiator for a few hours to warm up the battery, this sometimes gives the battery some short life power but enough to disengage the immobiliser and confirm battery as the problem. 

See you Saturday