Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Blat Maps functionality

Mucus72

Christophe, wonderful, phew!

And even more wonderful I see that you have added a series of routes into Cornwall, which is fantastic and exactly what we are all hoping for - and the reason for this new service. Thank you so much for your contributions!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely a great addition to the site, even if I'm still getting my head around it a bit - thanks all. I'm still looking for an Android app that accepts .gpx uploads and really works for driving nav though. Anyone have a favourite?

I've added a really enjoyable North Yorkshire route to the list this afternoon, hopefully correctly so others can enjoy it. There's a bit of everything - great views, twisty bits, wide open fast moorland and loads of good places to stop for refreshments.

• Support Team

When you sign up, you get a 14 day trial of "Gold" membership. If you don't then subscribe, you revert to the standard functionality - you can still use the route planning but there are some limitations.

If you are a member (as opposed to admin) of the group you cannot add or create a folder within the L7C group. If you are adding a tour of multiple routes this seems an omission and maybe worth a support ticket to the MRA team.

In the meantime it would be would be helpful if the admin team could do some folder creation to help members find useful tours and reduce the amount of routes displayed. This eventually this could become quite cumbersome with a large number of routes uploaded.

• 1 month later...

I think this is a great improvement on the old maps - well done to all involved.

It looks like Marcus added some of my old maps to the site, but I have added two of my bigger ones (including the B660 Evo Test road) and found the process quite easy - and better than Tyre which was my go-to program previously. Next step is to see how well it downloads to the SatNavs I have.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, sorry I’ve not reviewed this section of BlatChat for a while, work and home life hectic at the moment. 

A few folk in this thread raise an excellent suggestion. I too think it would be useful that the author of a route does not relinquish their rights to remove or edit their routes after “published” to the group. Give me a chance to speak to the devs at MRA and we will see what we can do. 

Thanks

Marcus

On the “folders” query I think this would make it really hard to manage. I get that just a long list of routes is a bit of a challenge, in fact my own personal route list is so long now I have started to think about grouping routes into folders. But I think currently it would be easier to keep the structure “flat” and see where we are in a few months when the route count is greater. Remember that the library view (in effect the zoomable map view in the club page) is the best way of finding routes. 

Enjoying the Blatmaps/MyRoute App. However, I keep finding that it is often trying to take me away from the route, such that at each turning it is difficult to tell which way to go, left of right, on the iPhone display. Is it trying to plot me a more efficient route?

Also the route sometimes jutts out to left or right for a few metres and come straight back on itself back to the main route. I have zoomed in to the route and found this is not due to sloppy placement of waypoints. 

I haver added some routes in Devon this morning. There is one figure eight loop, and a number of short(er) feeder routes from from major towns/highways to various points where the loop may be joined.

Is there any way of showing two or more routes in the same area at once? If there is I couldn't find it in the MyRoute support pages.

Thanks to anyone who can help me, and to Marcus and the team for providing this great improvement to the site.

Yes there is.. I have to re figure it out every time, it is intended for comparing the same route with variations, but I think it will also be fine for showing different routes, it uses colour to differentiate. 

It is also listed in help pages somewhere, sorry to be vague. I will add more if I can remember.

Anthony

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

MyRoute App and the Blat-maps sections look great. An excellent resource for the club. Two questions though:

1. Is there a L7C group discount for purchase, and if so how do I apply it?

2. Is the MyRouteApp Navigation (the on-the-road-iphone-app)  any good? Anybody have first-hand experience using it?

thanks

Malcolm