Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1995 S3 fusebox diagram

polainm

Hi

Sorry if this is already covered somewhere on Blatchat but I can't find it. I have a 1995 S3 imperial chassis, which was a 1700 Super Sprint, but is now a Zetec 1.8 and loads of other changes since. I'm 'assuming' the fuse box and relays are original, but I have no diagram to refer to for fault finding.

Does anyone have a c1995 fusebox/relay diagram/manual I can refer to? I would it be easier to post a picture of what I've got, given it might have changed since 1995!

Thanks!

Matt

I have the 1998 Assembly Guide for Ford-engined 7s. Please send me a Private Mail with the details of the 7 and your email address if you'd like a copy.

Jonathan

PS: The 1998 Guide has separate wiring diagrams for Ford, "Vauxhall Carbs" and injected K engined cars... but the layout of the fuse box is said to be the same:

1998 Fusebox layout.pdf

fuseboxZetec.jpg.e4988655d8bf62ee3ae7407c652c4b9a.jpg

Thanks everyone for the info. It's seems like much else on this Caterham, it's 'a bit different'. Anyone recognise this layout? I can of course unplug and find out whatt isn't working and go from there, but I can't believe someone wired this all up from scratch? (1995 S3 imperial chassis, which was a 1700 Super Sprint, but is now a Zetec 1.8).

It looks like it's be rotated 90 degrees anti clockwise but the brake lights fuse is up from 10A to 15A, the heater from 10A to 20A, the dim/dip down from 15A to 10A. It's possible that the ECU was/is connected to the heater fuse, but now I've removed the heater motor, I should reduce back to 10A, although I was going to use the redundant fan switch to override the coolant 'stat to pre-cool the engine in bad traffic...

I should point out that I've done a lot of work on the car, replacing the Weber Alpha ECU and amplifiers with an OMEX200 unit, and tidied up the wiring/quality of connections somewhat, so I've yet to put power to everything...

How about the pulling those that are discrepant (which will identify them and start to confirm the layout) and fitting the factory suggested fuses, and seeing what happens? (With a few spares to hand!)

The only recurrent problem of which I'm aware is the recommendation for 30 A rather than 20 A for some ECUs.

Jonathan

PS: Usual option of resettable circuit breakers or those clever fuses that light up when they're blown.

It looks identical to my 94 SS, I have also converted to a 1.8 zetec & there are considerable wiring changes for that change, ie ecu, tps, temp. rev counter, so you would also need the additional wiring diagram for zetec these items are now fed from ecu which should be connected to fuse box, mine is thro the heater fusev which i have done away with.. I have always had problems with LH lights and RH lights. Do you have a particular problem ?