Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series oil pickup pipe

richwillbolt

Hi chaps,

Looking for help and advice with regards sourcing a new or used Rover K series oil pickup pipe. 

Caterham don't have any in stock and they only sold 3 last year and only 1 the year before. They will consider making more, but they need a minimum of 20 for batch manufacture!? This leaves me in a rather difficult position, as this component is the only item I am having difficulty finding for my brand new engine.

Any ideas or if anyone has a spare in their garage, I am more than happy to discuss.

Lastly, this is an early heads up for anyone looking for an EU3 1.6 k series Supersport, my old engine has less than 25,000 miles, it has had regular oil changes, run with Evans waterless coolant and a Laminova oil cooler. It has a 52mm throttle body, vernieers and ECU with ZandF remap. All complete with ECU and blippers. 

If you are interested email me on richwillbolt@gmail.com

Many thanks,

P.S, just thought - the Rimmer Bros part would be the standard Rover engine part - seem to remember reading somewhere that the sump for the K series engines were modified for some reason (ground clearance ?) by Caterham, so I guess the oil pick up pipe may also be a modified part too - although for £10 it may be worth a try

Who makes them for Caterham?  Is is worth trying to find out and make a direct approach? I needed a dry sump cap, and by talking to the supplier (Titan Motorsport) and to Darren Philips at Caterham, we managed to work something out.  Can a standard be modifed to fit?  

The original k series had a metal pickup (LSP10015 later superceded by the plastic pipe LSP10027) this  was shortened for the caterham appliction due to the sump design. For production, Caterham contacted the MGR supplier who supplied a shortened version of the original pick up pipe direct to Caterham. Cant remember the supplier at present.

Dave